New here! White Evo Question

Last Updated:

1. ByeByePre

ByeByePre Member This Topic's Starter

hello everyone!

Im new here and soon to be an android user (from pre owner...AWFUL)
    Anyways I did a search for this topic but was unable to find any threads (although I may not have done it correctly so I apologize if this is a double thread)

Does anyone here have the WHITE htc evo? If so...how does it hold up apperance wise? any pics? I really like the white version but I am afraid it will collect dust/dirt alot quicker.

Advertisement
  2. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

My wife has the white one. It's been holding up. Although I have read where people are having the white flake off. It doesn't collect any more dust than my black one....unless you have dirty fingers. It's bright white.

3. nu2android

nu2android Well-Known Member

White would show dirty figerprints more though.

4. that_maynard

that_maynard Well-Known Member

If you are worried about it chipping or scratching you could always buy a skin or something similar for cheap. I love having them, it keeps the look of the EVO and it still protects and gives a better grip. I bought my latest one for under $20 and it was well worth it.

5. R1_Rydah

R1_Rydah Well-Known Member

just get a black evo and a $4 white ebay case

Attached Files:

6. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

I've had a white one since early July and since the back is shiny and not matte like the black ones, it doesn't really hold dirt. You can just wipe it clean with a cloth. I haven't had any issues with chipping or scratching the finish, and mine is not always in a case.

I recently put a white carbon fiber skin on mine (pics on this thread) and it looks pretty slick.

7. stanglifemike

stanglifemike Well-Known Member

I have the white Evo and it has held up fine. On the weekends I carry it naked or in a HTC leather belt pouch. During the week at work it is in one of my many cases, either silicone or tpu. I also have a black battery door for it which looks great. I love the white because I think it adds a little flair to it and doesnt look so plain, or maybe just because my last 3 phones were all solid black that I wanted something a little different. Either way, I love it!! My fiance is about to get an Evo also and she wants a white one as well. Although Best Buy is currently the only one who sells the white Evo, in about a month all Sprint stores and Radio Shack will also sell white Evos. So if you cant find one now, they'll be a lot easier to obtain in a month or so...

8. aznmode

aznmode Well-Known Member

Girl geeks are sexy =). That carbon fiber really made the phone look a lot nicer..or I should say sexier.

9. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

Anyone got a white EVO when bestbuy was offering them before, or recently with the roll out to all vendors?

My better half is thinking of getting the white version. Any regrets? Or suggestions? I've read where people encountered the white paint flakering off, but I'm sure that might be true for the black paint, too. Unless it's widespread problem.

10. that_maynard

that_maynard Well-Known Member

I read around on other threads that had said that it kind of depends on the user if it cracks and such. Some say yes, others say no. I had suggested that you just put a clear skin on it to protect it if you are concerned.

The only thing I don't like about the white is that the sides still have black on them. If HTC is going to call it white, why not make the whole thing white???

11. IVE323

IVE323 Member

I have the white evo i just keep it in a case no matter what color it is you mainly have to worry about the front screen

12. IVE323

IVE323 Member

by the way can someone tell me how start thread on here please im new thanks!!!!

13. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

There is a button that says New Thread or Start New Thread when you're looking at any of the forums. Just be sure that there isn't an existing thread on the subject first. :)

14. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

Well, my better half can't get into the half white thing either. HTC must have gotten bad stats when it was only avail from best buy. Maybe people were settling for the white when stock was low.