• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New here

Welcome to the Android Forums!

That's a tough choice... though I'd likely not wait around for the dual core phones.
Yeah, I probably won't either. I do like the Epic for it's physical keyboard, but having quick updates with the Nexus S would be pretty awesome too. I suppose rooting (which I understand is similar to iPhone jailbreaking) could get me software updates fairly quickly if I went to the Epic? Instead of having to wait for Samsung to send updates out.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I probably won't either. I do like the Epic for it's physical keyboard, but having quick updates with the Nexus S would be pretty awesome too. I suppose rooting (which I understand is similar to iPhone jailbreaking) could get me software updates fairly quickly if I went to the Epic? Instead of having to wait for Samsung to send updates out.

Unfortunately some of the wait time involved is courtesy of the manufacturer and carrier. The Nexus has certain advantages because it's a Google phone. The Samsung will likely take more time to get released updates. Unfortunately, however, I think many Samsung owners would really like to see Samsung provide some much needed updates to their KIES software.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones