New here

Last Updated:

1. Jaytron

Jaytron New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all!

I'm new here, and tired of AT&T and my iPhone, so I'm planning to get a new phone. I'm torn between the Nexus S, and the Samsung Epic at the moment, or maybe even waiting for the dual core phones (I'd rather not). What would you do?

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

That's a tough choice... though I'd likely not wait around for the dual core phones.

3. Jaytron

Jaytron New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I probably won't either. I do like the Epic for it's physical keyboard, but having quick updates with the Nexus S would be pretty awesome too. I suppose rooting (which I understand is similar to iPhone jailbreaking) could get me software updates fairly quickly if I went to the Epic? Instead of having to wait for Samsung to send updates out.

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Unfortunately some of the wait time involved is courtesy of the manufacturer and carrier. The Nexus has certain advantages because it's a Google phone. The Samsung will likely take more time to get released updates. Unfortunately, however, I think many Samsung owners would really like to see Samsung provide some much needed updates to their KIES software.

5. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Hi! Welcome to the Android Forums!