New Hero commercial...

Last Updated:

1. quentinfisher

quentinfisher Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone seen the new Hero commercial, I was extremely disappointed. For starters they didn't even say what the phone was called! Just went on about how customizable it is without actually saying what it does...Secondly didn't say a release date, or for that matter what network it's even on! Is this what they call marketing, I hope Sprint comes out with a better commercial for the Hero that gives it the spotlight it deserve, because it is ridiculous...

Advertisement
  2. andrewcgrimm

andrewcgrimm Well-Known Member

The problem with sprint marketing is... remember back in june of last year when the instinct came out? How it was hailed the iPhone killer, the best phone on the market and the end all of phones?

That BOMBED!

So I believe that sprint is afraid of putting out another commercial like that and I fell that it is truly hurting the sales of the phone. Even though it is ALL of the above.

3. bray424

bray424 Well-Known Member

I think they were trying more to advertise HTC the brand, not Hero the phone. The Hero is just the one shown because as of right now it's their flagship model.

4. imneveral0ne

imneveral0ne Well-Known Member

i cant even find a video of it online >.>

5. peestandingup

peestandingup Member

6. imneveral0ne

imneveral0ne Well-Known Member

im assuming that is the one. nice commercial. just wish it was for sprint and not HTC lol.

7. peestandingup

peestandingup Member

Yeah, it would be nice. But for some reason, when carriers make commercials, they're easily forgettable. I guess since all they really are is a phone/internet service, its hard to make something thats truly great.

But manufacturer's ads are usually the best ones cause they have an actual real life product. This new HTC ad is one of the best phone ads ever IMO.

8. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

I thought that commercial was great... its absolutely right, this phone is all about me and my needs. I think we can all assume that someone's hero will look different from another.

9. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

this is not a Sprint commercial. this is HTC's own commercial. HTC are now going to do their own marketing for their phones. they are only known for the OEM phone but now they are branching out and will market themselves as a brand name....

here...

10. Fwicks

Fwicks Member

That commercial makes me wish that each of the seven "pages" or "screens" in a scene could be different backgrounds. I know I need to just be grateful I don't have to look at the screen of an LG Rumor anymore!

11. quentinfisher

I hope Sprint decides to make their own marketing campaign for the Hero, the more users we get the more potential developers and apps :)! But I hear it's in pretty high demand has it is lol.

12. SDscorch

SDscorch Well-Known Member

i grant you that but.... i just gotta wonder

what teh heck good does it do to advertize to the masses? THEY can't buy a phone directly from HTC

its the carriers that buy from them - the carriers then sell to the public

??

13. quentinfisher

EXACTLY! The commercial is good for HTC but does nothing for the phone itself/Sprint. If I didn't already have it, I'd have no idea what it was or which carrier it be for, or even if it's available yet lol

14. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

HTC want to be known as a brand name and not just a OEM company. when more people see HTC as a BRAND, they will then find out who sells that BRAND and then go purchase the BRAND... its pure name recognition. all the cell companies will benefit from this marketing since they sell HTC and HTC will stand out like sony ericsson.. :D

15. SDscorch

yeah..

big companies do big marketing

those corporate mucky-mucks get sold a bill o' goods if you ask me

for example.. how many tires have i EVER bought (ever!) in my lifetime, because i saw a goodyear blimp flying over the football stadium

??

or.. how many beers did i buy 'cuz there were funny zebras reffing a football game between clydesdale horses during the superbowl??

somehow somewhere someone was "sold" the idea that all those millions of dollars in "advertizing" would translate into actual real-live SALES at some point

*pfft*

whatever
    :rolleyes:

16. SDscorch

hint.... the answer to those questions above is a whole-number integer between the values of negative one and one

lol