New Hero for a new user... help!!! please!!

Last Updated:

1. tracyc1

tracyc1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there, I have never had an android phone, or anything anywhere near as fancy as a hero beofre! thought it was about time I caught up with the times. Ihave just received my hero- i have it on 3. I know the reception here is not overly cunning, and I am just debating wether or not to keep the phone and contract or not. Just a couple of things I would like to find out before I make a decision. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    1) I have 1 bar reception then it goes to non- then full bars rith an "R" next to it- what does this mean?
    2)how can I tell what the reception to connect to the internet is? I presume theres something similar to the normal reception bars??

I want to do this without using the phone, so if I decide its not the best idea- I can return it and keep withing ther terms of non -use etc.

Thanks in anticipation!!
    Tracy

Advertisement
  2. mmusaji

mmusaji Well-Known Member

If you have another phone which you can use with 3 then you compare it with that I suppose. Get the hero on another provider which can provide you with better coverage.

3. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

"R" on top of signal bars does indicate we are in Roaming.

4. alchemistkevin

alchemistkevin Well-Known Member

R is fine if you're in UK - One of the offices I work from has almost no network for any other phone users here while on my '3' Network I get a bar or two and R - same as you.

Internet works fine - I even get HSDPA connect.

Calls and texts are fine. emails work ok.

Hope this helps :)

and welcome. :D