New Hero this summer?

Last Updated:

1. mbell75

mbell75 Banned This Topic's Starter

This is the new phone the guy who works at the Sprint repair center was telling me about and its due out in the summer...supposedly.

Login to DIGITIMES archive & research

From Engadget

Codename is "Supersonic" -- a name we've heard at least once before.

Feels a lot like you'd expect an Android-powered HD2 to feel thanks to a 4.3-inch non-AMOLED display and a svelte shell. (For reference, the HD2 is 11mm thick, but we don't have exact dimensions here.)

It's got a kickstand on the back. This wouldn't be a first for HTC; the Imagio on Verizon has one, for example.

Runs Android 2.1 with HTC's Sense UI.

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

all over the forums.

3. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member

I have heard about this to from a little birdy :) Sounds awesome.. Like I need another toy

4. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

Liking the Android support so anyone think this will surpass the n1 I do especially since it should have sense and a 1ghz processor

5. mbell75

Just the fact that it runs Sense makes it better than the Nexus One IMO. Add to that a bigger display and possibly higher resolution and I think its a no brainer.

6. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

yes it would be better i think even though no amoled display i dont need one i would love a 4+ inch screen though that would be amazing...but then we could very well have iphones on almost every carrier not saying that will happen i dont think that will happen just a possibility

7. mbell75

This new report says it will have an AMOLED display...

"A number of web sites have indicated that the WiMAX handset to be shipped to Sprint will be the HTC Supersonic (codenamed A9292), which will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU, come with a 4.3-inch AMOLED display and run on Android 2.1 OS (operating system)."

8. andy22

andy22 Well-Known Member

Not to start a tired old argument but how much longer do we have to hear about iphones and all that shit? The iphone is for someone who wants out of the box simplicity. We are all here wanting so much more than what the iphone can offer. So who gives a **** if that is on every carrier at some point. By then it will be too late because androids are all over every carrier. This new stuff is simply better it just is because it is newer and more updated and apple is more interested in convincing people that they need a tablet now. Guess what android works there too. how can open and infinitely customizable be worse then the alternative for the people on this forum?

9. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I'm kind of oblivious to the reason, but why is the HTC Touch Pro so expensive on Sprint ($349)? Would this new phone be in that range too? Considering the specs..

10. bmwboyee

bmwboyee Well-Known Member

When this phone comes out, my Hero will be GONE. all along I wanted the snapdragon, I should have just waited.

11. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Man you just can't keep up with these gadgets, but this supersonic phone sounds like a beast .

12. andy22

andy22 Well-Known Member

it will be a beast that will be eaten by the 4th quarter beast that comes next. i am going to buy the new hero for sure. helps having an extra line that has an available 2 yr upgrade.

13. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

14. andy22

andy22 Well-Known Member

update, joke

15. mbell75

16. 360jeff

360jeff Member

Sure would be nice. Now we just need our carriers to give us breaks so we can upgrade more often. :)

17. wirelessness

wirelessness Member

You can't get any better upgrade offers than Sprint Premiere.

18. 702DROID

did i say they were real ...NO...does the artical call them real....NO...:cool:

19. mbell75

Why bother posting fakes then? Thats lame

20. 702DROID

might as well stay on point with topic least it aint a repost

21. thatjerk

thatjerk Well-Known Member

I have added a line of service just to get a new phone before... but now that Sprint has me as a premier customer, I can wait 10 more months and get a new phone! Annual eligibility for full phone discounts is sweet.
    Bring on the new tech! Screw the Summer phone... I getting next Winter's phone...

22. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I signed up 2 months ago and 1 of my 3 lines already says I can upgrade...is that a mistake? I know my main line is supposed to be eligible after one year, but this is on another line. I added a phone to the cart and sure enough the discount is there, I wonder if this would void my 1 year eligibility

23. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

WOW:eek:....its called a render something it may look like a possibilities.people amaze me sometimes...

24. thatjerk

thatjerk Well-Known Member

Both my wife's and my phone share a 1500 minute data family plan. Both phones are separately eligible for a upgrade from each phones last annual upgrade. Her phone is eliagble 2 months after mine. Gotta love this Premier Customer stuff. So yah believe it or not you have another line eligible for upgrade. Lucky bastard. You can get a new phone on one line, then wait a month and change that phone over to the number you normally use (swap phones/numbers). Trickery my friend.

25. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Brilliant

No other phone appeals to me right now, so I will be patient....