• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Hero this summer?

This is the new phone the guy who works at the Sprint repair center was telling me about and its due out in the summer...supposedly.

Login to DIGITIMES archive & research

From Engadget

Codename is "Supersonic" -- a name we've heard at least once before.

Feels a lot like you'd expect an Android-powered HD2 to feel thanks to a 4.3-inch non-AMOLED display and a svelte shell. (For reference, the HD2 is 11mm thick, but we don't have exact dimensions here.)

It's got a kickstand on the back. This wouldn't be a first for HTC; the Imagio on Verizon has one, for example.

Runs Android 2.1 with HTC's Sense UI.

Liking the Android support so anyone think this will surpass the n1 I do especially since it should have sense and a 1ghz processor

yes it would be better i think even though no amoled display i dont need one i would love a 4+ inch screen though that would be amazing...but then we could very well have iphones on almost every carrier not saying that will happen i dont think that will happen just a possibility

Upvote 0
yes it would be better i think even though no amoled display i dont need one i would love a 4+ inch screen though that would be amazing...but then we could very well have iphones on almost every carrier not saying that will happen i dont think that will happen just a possibility

This new report says it will have an AMOLED display...

"A number of web sites have indicated that the WiMAX handset to be shipped to Sprint will be the HTC Supersonic (codenamed A9292), which will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU, come with a 4.3-inch AMOLED display and run on Android 2.1 OS (operating system)."

Upvote 0
Not to start a tired old argument but how much longer do we have to hear about iphones and all that shit? The iphone is for someone who wants out of the box simplicity. We are all here wanting so much more than what the iphone can offer. So who gives a **** if that is on every carrier at some point. By then it will be too late because androids are all over every carrier. This new stuff is simply better it just is because it is newer and more updated and apple is more interested in convincing people that they need a tablet now. Guess what android works there too. how can open and infinitely customizable be worse then the alternative for the people on this forum?

Upvote 0
I signed up 2 months ago and 1 of my 3 lines already says I can upgrade...is that a mistake? I know my main line is supposed to be eligible after one year, but this is on another line. I added a phone to the cart and sure enough the discount is there, I wonder if this would void my 1 year eligibility

Upvote 0
I signed up 2 months ago and 1 of my 3 lines already says I can upgrade...is that a mistake? I know my main line is supposed to be eligible after one year, but this is on another line. I added a phone to the cart and sure enough the discount is there, I wonder if this would void my 1 year eligibility

Both my wife's and my phone share a 1500 minute data family plan. Both phones are separately eligible for a upgrade from each phones last annual upgrade. Her phone is eliagble 2 months after mine. Gotta love this Premier Customer stuff. So yah believe it or not you have another line eligible for upgrade. Lucky bastard. You can get a new phone on one line, then wait a month and change that phone over to the number you normally use (swap phones/numbers). Trickery my friend.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones