New hero user needs helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. sparky204

sparky204 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed my battery draining pretty quick and I have read about problems with the SMS messaging service causing the battery to drain really fast.

Couple of questions

1. I have the HTC 6250 with MTS wireless is this an issue known to this phone?

2. I have downloaded handcent sms app to text with in an attempt to fix this bug if it is indeed something that is affecting my phones battery life.

3. How do I turn off the default SMS notifications?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Have you updated to the latest 2.1 firmware? It shouldn't be an issue on any firmware except the very first one.

I don't think switching to handcent would help anyway. Handcent acts as a front for the default app but it's still the default doing all the heavy lifting behind the scenes.

You can turn off the default app's notifications if you go into the settings of the default app.

3. sparky204

sparky204 Active Member This Topic's Starter

ok thanks a lot.

Got the notifications off and I am running the most current OS.

So it is a non issue now.

I am using handcent anyways now though.

Also anyone know of a good place to get batterys from that perform better than the stock batterys.

4. philc387

philc387 Active Member

There are a couple of apps that I have found to save quite a bit of battery. They're Y5 Battery Saver and timeout3g. Battery Saver makes a note of wi-fi networks that you have previously connected to and remembers them so that you are automatically connected when you are nearby. When you are not connected it turns wi-fi off altogether so you're not using your battery. Each time you want to connect to a new network you turn wi-fi on, connect and then the app remembers it. Timeout3g turns all mobile internet connections off when the phone sleeps, its customisable too so you can set it to never turn off when the phone is plugged in. Both of these have really increased my battery life. I know juice defender does both of these things but I found it really slowed the phone down, whereas the 2 apps mentioned above dont seem to affect lag at all. Hope this helps