New Hero User

Last Updated:

1. Anthoni Gardner

Anthoni Gardner Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

Been lurking around the boards reading all the information I could for just over a month now, waiting patiently. Finally the day is fast approaching. My HTC Hero goes live on Wednesday and I am like so eager lol.

Have read through different posts and the one containing all the suggested apps (first will be zxing bar code reader).

I am also an avid programmer and have purchased several books on programming Android and also been devouring them whilst I (im) patiently wait.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and really looking forward to using my new phone. First real smart phone, don't count my old LG Viewty as a smart phone, so it should be an experiance to say the least.

Regards
    Anthoni

Advertisement
  2. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Hi Anthoni,

Waiting for the phone is the hardest part. I got mine within 24hrs of ordering, but as I'd been lurking for a few weeks already, it seemed like a long time hehe.

Anyway, good luck with the Hero. I am still in awe of how good a phone it is, even after having two smartphones before it.

I'm in Halifax, so it's good to see someone else local(ish) :)

All the best,
    Jim

3. amnesia

amnesia Well-Known Member

I am waiting for mine to be delivered... should be before 12pm tomorrow.

HURRY UP !!!!

4. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

I waited a few months for mine (damn contract expiry wait), spent it reading various reviews, how to's, tips and tricks. But reading them in no way compares to actually getting it and toying around with it. I still love it a month on and still change my home etc every other week :D

5. Anthoni Gardner

Anthoni Gardner Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I've got the actual phone but just waiting on my sim card being activated. I can get as far as entering locale and then it tells me no sim lol. It looks soooo pretty just sat there and I am wanting to use it and see what it can do :D

I've already written two test applications and played about with the emulator, so really looking forward to developing for it as well. Never wanted to develop for any of my other phones, but this one definately has me all fired up.

Roll on Wednesday :D

BTW: I am on the 3 network and the phone is the one with the "chin" (white model)
    Also looking into getting them protective covers for it, to prevent scratches etc.