New Hero

Last Updated:

1. Mujstar

Mujstar New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, im new to this and i got my new hero yesterday and cant seem to get few things to work,

1. How to get the PC Suite to work and sync the phone
    2. how to get the gps to work, i checked the site and need to turn on the GPS but cant find the widget for it, have been in settings to enable gps satelites etc but still not sure, pls help

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Once you've turned GPS on in Settings >> Location then you actually have to use an app that requires GPS. So if you use something like google maps for example, a satalite symbol will apear in the notification bar as it determines your location.

Mujstar likes this.
  3. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

First of all welcome! :)

1. What is the problem you are having? What are you trying to Sync? For basic file transfer to your SDcard you just mount the phone as a mass storage device like a USBstick.

2. To get the widget on your home screen, long press on a blank area then > HTC Widget > Settings > GPS. When enabled GPS isn't active all the time. It will only activate (GPS icon in the status bar at the top) when a program needs to use it such as Google Maps.

Mujstar likes this.
  4. Mujstar

Mujstar New Member This Topic's Starter

when i downloaded the pc app from the site and installed it, ran it and connected phone, it does not allow me to connect to sync, ive tried everything but nothing happening

5. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

This is how I Sync

Step 1: Open HTC Sync

Step 2: Connect phone using supplied lead

Step 3: When USB Symbol appears on status bar, drag down status window and select the Sync icon

Step 4: HTC should then take a second or 2 to find your phone

What Version of windows are you running?