New Home Button Action

Last Updated:

1. Iforgetus

Iforgetus Member This Topic's Starter

Back on 2.1 when opening an app on a screen other than the main (center) screen when closing the app using the home button, it would take you back to the screen you were on previously.

Now since i've gotten 2.2 i've noticed that no matter what screen you're on when you open the app, the home button ALWAYS brings you back to the main (center) screen.

I've checked through the settings a few times to see if there was something that i needed to change. Am i missing something or is this just something i'm going to have to deal with?

Advertisement
  2. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

I am not familiar w/ the stock home, but I know with LauncherPro you can change the function of the home button in the perferences

3. mdeamicis

mdeamicis Well-Known Member

Try lsuncher pro. Set up the home button and it is trick. Press once to go to lates. Pres twice to go to the one you selected as main. When on any home othe than main pres one to go ther. When on main prs one to get an exploded view of all screens and tap the one you want. Also, the ew long press for the last 8 aps is a knock off from launcher pro, he had it doing that for last4 aps all along. Launcher pro is the only launcher you will ever need. He also has smokey tray icons to.

4. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

How do you get launcher pro to work on 2.2? i can't get it to be my default home, but when I use home switcher, it never sets launcher pro on default.

5. mrthundercleese

mrthundercleese Well-Known Member

Sorry but that is a function of Android, not the home app/launcher. The ability to display the 4 most recent apps has been there since the begining.

6. Les Common

Les Common Well-Known Member

stock 2.2 here, not rooted.

I'd try backing up my Launcher Pro setup, uninstalling, (restarting phone?) and reinstalling and restoring.

Never seen LP not stick as default.

*** Seen elsewhere, some folks have had success w/ Settings / Applications / LauncherPro / Clear Defaults; might try that first....

j.

7. gndmepyon

gndmepyon Well-Known Member

MAke sure you clear the defaults of the stock launcher as well.

8. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Uninstall Launcher pro, reinstall, press your home key, and it will ask which launcher you want to use, check the use by default tab, and choose launcher pro.

9. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

unless you use some kind of launcher, this is the new behavior. annoying I agree. I had to setup my "middle" page as my new main "home" page since that is what we always come back to now.