• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New HTC ads are teasing Thunderbolt's features.

I saw these ads on Engadget, they show up in the long rectangle ads at the top and the square ads on the side, here's a screenshot I took of each slide.

29bkryb.jpg

This could be very interesting, HD entertainment instantly, and stream 8 MP photos wirelessly? I think this is pointing to some kind of DLNA or something to make up for no HDMI port. Most likely this...

HTC Media Link DLNA streamer review -- Engadget

Also HD entertainment isn't HD unless you're watching it on an HD screen, I don't expect the resolution to be any higher than 800 x 480, but come on HTC why would you stream HD content to a phone unless it's got an HD screen? I guess they are expecting you to use the above method of streaming to HDTV...

And I think we all saw the video calling without Wi-Fi thing coming a mile away, but now it's somewhat confirmed.

I saw these ads on Engadget, they show up in the long rectangle ads at the top and the square ads on the side, here's a screenshot I took of each slide.

29bkryb.jpg

This could be very interesting, HD entertainment instantly, and stream 8 MP photos wirelessly? I think this is pointing to some kind of DLNA or something to make up for no HDMI port. Most likely this...

Also HD entertainment isn't HD unless you're watching it on an HD screen, I don't expect the resolution to be any higher than 800 x 480, but come on HTC why would you stream HD content to a phone unless it's got an HD screen? I guess they are expecting you to use the above method of streaming to HDTV...

And I think we all saw the video calling without Wi-Fi thing coming a mile away, but now it's somewhat confirmed.

Nice Find.

Upvote 0

29bkryb.jpg

I'd be surprised if it did not have DLNA as HTC's Desire HD has it which despite the name is also 800 x 480:

HTC Desire HD specs - Phone Arena

We should know the official specs Thursday (gotta luv those German dream spec reports though:)) & hopefully a preview/review asap..

I still want dual core, 1080p capture, pico-projector, HDMI mirroring, DLNA, stereo speakers, 4-5" 720p display no bigger than EVO but CES-MWC should at least deliver on many of those..:cool:

Upvote 0
I'd be surprised if it did not have DLNA as HTC's Desire HD has it which despite the name is also 800 x 480:

HTC Desire HD specs - Phone Arena

We should know the official specs Thursday (gotta luv those German dream spec reports though:)) & hopefully a preview/review asap..

I still want dual core, 1080p capture, pico-projector, HDMI mirroring, DLNA, stereo speakers, 4-5" 720p display no bigger than EVO but CES-MWC should at least deliver on many of those..:cool:

I'm going to make a prediction that there are stereo speakers under the kickstand, I was really hoping so when I first saw the size of the speaker grill. Then I noticed if you look closely at the picture on droid life of the back of the phone with the kickstand open on, you can see on the right of the speaker grill what looks like two horizontal strips which makes me think there are at least two speakers under there... Somebody said something about Dolby virtual surround sound (simulated 5.1 with 2 speakers) or whatever it's called, which fits in with the above ad pushing HD entertainment, now if only the screen was HD. ;)

Upvote 0
Agree this was all over the internet and this guy feels like he is the one with the news hahah

I think you guys misunderstood my post. I wasn't trying to take credit for anything, I was just letting you guys know that engadget finally got my tip (I actually sent it in awhile before creating this thread here) and my only intention was to link you guys to the post which was bound to get waaay more attention than this thread.

Upvote 0
Well, I for one read about it first in this post. So say thanks for the post, add something positive to the discussion, or move along :rolleyes:

So...Thanks Kitten Mittens

Just next time...Tip Phandroid instead :D

oh big bad mod come in. and now that kitten clarified what he meant its all good no need for you to come here just because ur a mod and try to intervene when nothing needs done

Upvote 0
oh big bad mod come in. and now that kitten clarified what he meant its all good no need for you to come here just because ur a mod and try to intervene when nothing needs done

1) Your post was reported for being disrespectful after a Mod has asked you to take it easy. We "big bad moderators" have to check out every reported post. So YOU brought me in here.

2) Now, I didn't feel like your comment warranted any kind of infraction or even deletion. My comment in response to yours was a friendly reminder to be civil to one another. Your point had been made, KM's rebuttal was voiced, so there was no need to continue down that road.

3) Which leads back to the options I provided in my post
So say thanks for the post, add something positive to the discussion, or move along

Now if you feel like I am not being reasonable and/or would like to discuss this further, feel free to send me a PM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones