New HTC Desire - really power hungry

Last Updated:

1. cardifftom

cardifftom New Member This Topic's Starter

Hulloooooo Everyone,

new entrant!!! first smartphone, but am going crazy charging it. how can i increase battery life? i have downloaded some task manager by googling but no idea whether it will work. there are lot of these apps that continuously run in the background even when i don't want to use them. friendstream, peep, stocks etc etc. Can I control them? I am sorry if this has been asked already. so please can someone enlighten me?

Thanks,
    Cardifftom

Advertisement
    Utchie1234 likes this.
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums! You'll likely hear many different opinions on this but IMO task managers (for Android) are counter-productive. The OS is smart enough to know how to manage memory on it's own. Terminate a process that Android thinks should be running and it restarts it. Set the task killer in "auto" mode and you get a digital tennis match... kill, start, kill, start, kill, start, etc.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

in addition to my colleague's advice, please note that you can set the frequency of your programs' checking the internet. That uses power.

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :)