New HTC HERO Update has deleted factory widgets?Support

Last Updated:

1. Adam Kenny

Adam Kenny New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Yesterday I did an update check on my HTC Hero, even though I already had 2.1 eclair on it, it noted there was a new update available, but being impatient I didn't read what update it was, and just downloaded and updated.

In software info it says:

Firmware: 2.1-update1

---

Software number: 3.32.405.2

When the update was complete, it deleted ALL my factory widgets. Not just off the home-screen, but completely off the OS. I cannot add them. The ones missing of the top of my head are Clock/Weather widget. The stand-alone weather widget. The twitter widget. The email widget. The notes widget. The bookmark widget. Friends widget.... Probably more that I can't think of. These are completely gone from the phone, I cannot re-add them.

Has anyone else had this problem? Seems very unusual... The OS has suddenly become quite buggy too... Voice to text isn't working at all, alot of the applications are force-shutting down. Is this perhaps a buggy release?

Might be worth noting I've had absolutely no issues with any previous software updates.

Appreciate any help on the matter!
    -A

Advertisement
  2. Umagarz

Umagarz New Member

I've just updated my Hero too and lost every HTC widget I have on my homescreen...

why use almost a year "testing" Android 2.1 for HTC's own Sense GUI, if they remove every Widget in it? - then there is no point in using it...

3. rambo47

rambo47 Well-Known Member

Were the Widgets deleted from your device, or are they still on it but need to be enabled again? An upgrade usually resets your device, no?

4. ulfurinn

ulfurinn New Member

Restart the phone and you should be able to add them back.

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Thread moved to the HTC Hero section, where this has been discussed by quite a few people already. Such as this thread, which might help you.