New HTC Hero user

Last Updated:

1. Squish1010

Squish1010 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I am a new HTC Hero user. This is my first smart phone. Previous to this I only used my cell phone to talk on, nothing else. This is a overwhelming new experience for me. I would like to set my phone up for maximum speed when using GPS and surfing the internet. If anyone has any suggestions or apps that would help that would be great. I will be doing some texting, is there a way to add a signature to the text? Again, thanks for any info and I will look forward to exploring this new source for android info.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android forums!

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

use handcent SMS, you can add a sig to each message, also download opera browser or xscope browser for Max speed, enjoy!

4. chewedpup

chewedpup Well-Known Member

I know what you mean - I just got rid of my Blackberry Tour because it was defective (three defective devices actually - phone wouldn't ring, people would call and it would ring on their phones, not on mine, and then go into voicemail, plus it kept freezing every day - and it took Sprint four months to figure it out) - and I have my Hero and it really is overwhelming. Just to let you know you're not alone :)

5. spicy_mchaggiz

spicy_mchaggiz Well-Known Member

My Blackberry Curve I had would freeze anytime I actually tried to use it. Sold it to SPRINT for my hero, never turning back!