New : HTC Knight headed for Sprint?

Last Updated:

1. UniqueNate

UniqueNate Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

HTC Knight headed for Sprint later this year? A Rumored/leaked device by XDA-Developers sources. Rumored to be a Android device.

My Personal Opinion:
    Looks like a Evo somewhat. Doesn't look like a slider but from the leaked details it mentions something about sliding the screen. The screen looks like it may be somewhere between 3.8' and possibly 4.3'. It's just a render though. If it's going to be a Sense phone I hope it comes with the new Sense. I hope it comes with Stock even, and 2nd gen Snapdragon found in the G2 (clocked at 1ghz of course). Shoot, give us Gingerbread, or the rumored now Gingerbread is 2.3. I love Android but so much is going on it's unbalanced. I would rather have yearly updates and features improvements and tweaks of fixing in between. That's another story though.

Note:
    No other HTC device had the circles around their touch buttons but the Evo. This can't be the big rumored Sabor? I mean names get changed up all the time. I remember when the Evo was called Sprint's armored 'Knight'. Just keeping the imagination alive. What do you guys think about this device?

XDA Exclusive: HTC Knight | xda-developers

Advertisement
  2. Seddy

Seddy Well-Known Member

Oh no... not another one...

3. fluxbox

fluxbox Well-Known Member

Small Correction if I may, but not meant to be an a** about it, just for people reading.

"The screen looks like it may be somewhere between 3.8' and possibly 4.3'"

"The screen looks like it may be somewhere between 3.8" and possibly 4.3""

Correction is in the measurement symbol indicating either feet ' or inches "

Thanks

4. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

i'll be all over this if it isn't 4g and doesn't come with the $10 fee.

5. silencer271

silencer271 Well-Known Member

6. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Sweet, I knew sprint would get a 3.7 inch phone soon. I also had a feeling that it would be a slider. I have a feeling we will see htc 3.7 inch slider phones on many networks very soon, not unlike what samsung is doing now with the galaxy s line.

7. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

Might be something to check out when it comes out. I'm betting probably spring release date?

8. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

9. UniqueNate

I wonder what kind of keyboard it'll have. I hope the Z hing. Verizon's didn't have the Z hinge. Their keyboard is different all together. I doubt this will have it though. I have a odd feeling something else will be mentioned/leaked around Dec for next year. I think I might be interested in this but will hold out until something else comes. I mean I love my epic and the screen is bigger and already fast.

If this is something like the G2, then Sprint should give it some pretty unique features to stand alone. Like they did with the Epic. Make it 4G to compete with T-Mobiles HSPA+, front facing camera to up a feature, and make it a 5 row qwerty. I hope it has the newest Sense to. I heard the Verizon doesn't have the newest Sense. I wonder why HTC hasn't pushed that out yet.

10. aceofspades626

aceofspades626 Well-Known Member

I'd be pretty happy with a Desire z variant, but I'll be real disappointed with another 800mhz handset. That just doesn't cut it any more.
    I'm really beginning to think we'll never get another 1ghz+ processor without the whole 4+", 4g treatment (which doesn't work for me).

11. UniqueNate

I would rather it be a 1ghz one to but what makes the difference is the combination of a awesome GPU. The 800mhz in the G2 is the new 2nd generation Snaprdragon. That's why it's faster then most 1st gen Snaprdragons. But I would rather have a 2nd gen 1ghz. Like the one in the Desire HD. But if they don't give it some unique features to stand alone then my Epic is just fine.

Off topic but look what LG has cooking up for Verizon! http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/24/...s-lte/?utm_source=engadget&utm_medium=twitter

Already the design looks like something vicious. That's why I want to wait because some pretty good devices are coming out but I think there is going to be some monster phones leaked and more detailed at ends year. I mean next year will be a full year of some major devices that were launched this year.

12. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

13. silencer271

silencer271 Well-Known Member

hmmm looks famalier ;)

14. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

i don't think sprint will allow any 1ghz+ phone without the 4G brand and fee.

15. aceofspades626

I've accepted the 4G branding and fee. There's really nothing to be done about that. And I wouldn't argue with the phone having 4G.
    It's really the size that I just don't want to deal with. It's too freakin big for me (read: hands/pants).
    I'm certain there will be more 1ghz+ super phones by Feb at the latest. If this one comes in at 800 mhz, I'll probably just hang on to my Hero until then.

16. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

Definitely hope this is a T2 on Sprint! Second generation snapdragon would definitely keep me from buying an Epic to replace my Hero until I hear more about this thing.

17. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Seems that HTC said it would intro it's top-end first (Evo) then smaller variants like this. I doubt it will be slower on the processor, but intro'ing non-entry phones without 4G on Sprint would be unwise. These smaller screen phones are going to get overwhelmed if iPhone CDMA hits VZW.

18. aceofspades626

I would doubt much will come out with 1ghz processors and no 4G from here on out. That would probably be unwise on their part.

19. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned

I would consider it over my EPIC if it launched with Gingerbread, or at least Froyo and upgradeable to Gingerbread (Samsung needs to uprgade the EPIC to Froyo before this launches). I would like to see a Super LCD dislay with a pixel density of 640x960, and a full QWERTY keyboard, and of course, the Sense UI. Also needs to be 4G with dual cameras.

If they release this device with 2.1, than someone at HTC or Sprint needs to be seriously slapped.

20. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Id imagine it will roll out with Froyo 2.2 and have Gingerbread shortly after. There is no excuse for any cell phone manufacturer to release a high end device running 2.1 right now.

21. FreakyLocz14

FreakyLocz14 Banned

Tell that to Samsung when they released the Galaxy S series.

22. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

I can't believe it's been nearly two weeks and no further updates on this phone. Purportedly, two months from release??

23. aceofspades626

Typical Sprint.
    We won't know anything about new phones until they've already lost any edge on holiday sales.
    It's killin me. This Hero is getting worse all the time and I don't have any idea how long I have to hold out so I don't buy something that's immediately obsolete again.

24. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel. I've been waiting for more info on this phone and there's been nothing! I was actually in Best Buy today and was going to bite the bullet and get an EVO but they were out of stock. Wonder if that's a sign? ;) Anyway, I wish more info would come out about this phone because I think I will really like it. Getting harder everyday to sit on my upgrade! ;)

25. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

I'm sure we're not the only Hero owners itching to use our 12 month upgrade. And I'm sure Spring realizes that everyone that jumped on the Hero last year might jump and buy either the EVO or Epic. But I got burned once by jumping too quickly and buying the Hero. I am going to take my time and wait this time around. I can deal with it for another month or two.
    I told the guy at the Sprint store that I'd buy when either the HTC Knight came out of the Epic got 2.2, whichever comes first. LOL