New HTC Legend today , a few Q's

Last Updated:

1. matthewprince

matthewprince Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Just bought a vodafone (unlocked) HTC Legend and very impressed so far. I have just a few questions if somebody would be so kind to help me out..

1: How do i remove the vodafone boot splash screen?

2: How do i get my hotmail to work on htc mail? (well my email address is live.co.uk) SORTED!

3: Any important apps i really should have for this that it doesnt have from factory?

Many Thanks

Matt

Advertisement
  2. matthewprince

Hi,

Got my hotmail working now. I did search before posting this but still couldnt get it working. I changed the outgoing port from 25 to 587 now and it works.

Matt

3. Ferox

Ferox Well-Known Member

Hi sorry I can't answer your query though i am very interested to know if the Vodafone branded phones are indeed locked to network and if not where exactly did you get it from?

4. NimmoG

NimmoG New Member

Hi Matt, I just got mine yesterday and am loving it.

Answers:
    1) not sure, but hopefully you won't see it too often that it's a problem. Also, some places say meddling too much with that sort of thong can void your warranty, not 100% certain that would be thecase here, but it may be something to keep on mind, especially if you have to install a custom ROM on it.
    2) congrats, always good to fogure things out for yoursrlf.
    3) I am loving appbrain, lets you prepare a list of programs to install from a computer.

I saw a good thread with must-have applications last night, will hunt it down and link it soon.

Hope that helps a bit,
    Nimmo

5. matthewprince

Hi,

Actually sold it today as i just cant get used to it. I was told the android was easy to use and full of features. I disagree. The marketplace is just full of sub par programs that are terrible. I think ill stick to my iphone

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Well, incorrect, but good luck to you anyway.