1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

New HTC Sync

Last Updated:

1. zaffy

zaffy Active Member

Does anyone know if the new HTC sync version 3.0.5481 cure the problem with a Hero not connecting to windows 7 (USB not recognised).

Advertisement
  2. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

Actually, I've been using the previous version of HTC SYnc 3.0 with Windows 7 (x64) and have no problem so far. But once I upgraded to 3.0.5481, my Hero cannot be find HTC Sync anymore. AFAIK, this version use a rather new USB driver in Windows. Downgrading to my previous version immediately fixed the problem.
  3. zaffy

zaffy Active Member

Cannot get any version to work since updating to 2.1 (not rooted)
  4. itandy

itandy Well-Known Member

FYI, my Hero is rooted and running VillainROM 12. Only have problem with the latest HTC Sync 3.0.5481.
  5. zaffy

zaffy Active Member

I have just rooted my Hero using a card reader to load the apps on the SD card in an attempt to connect to PC, but alas still says "USB not recognized"
  6. zaffy

zaffy Active Member

Got so fed up trying, I installed froydvillain 1.7 using the card reader again then used Astro to manually install my apps which I copied to my SD card. It takes a bit longer, but whats time when you're snowed in.

Edit: Finally got it recognized, I installed "VM Lite" and "Windows XP mode" and then while in the virtual mode installed version 2 of HTC Sync and updated the drivers to vista via device manager.
  7. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Maybe too late for you, but I have just changed to Windows 7 (64bit) and I downloaded HTC sync version 3.0.5481 and it worked straight away with my stock 2.1 Hero.
  8. zaffy

zaffy Active Member

Thanks, but I already tried that. I think its the motherboard intel chipset thats preventing my Hero from being recognized. I run Win 7 Ultimate 64bit on a Asus G51 laptop, so I tried on an HP PC running the same Win 7 and it loaded the HTC USB drivers OK (same CPU and Ram, different chipset).

One good thing has come of this, I now like the FroydVillain 1.7 better than the stock 2.1