New HTC?General

Last Updated:

1. carynis1doll

carynis1doll Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know what the next HTC will be and are you all waiting to see if Verizon will be going 4G early next year before yoou upgrade your phone

Advertisement
  2. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

theres a 4g htc phone thats very similiar to the evo 4g rumored to be going to verizon sometime soon. there's a thread with screen shots of it somewhere on here. looks sick

3. WormDoes

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

My new every two eligible date is August 18 next year. It's my intention to get as close to that date as possible before I upgrade and get the best Android phone I can get at that time. The only reason that I would upgrade earlier is if something happens to my phone outside of warranty.

5. carynis1doll

Are you waiting for an HTC or will any Droid do

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Anything really, though right now I would probably lean against an HTC device. While I like the Incredible, I like both the Droid X and Droid 2 more, and I think that Motorola's phones have better radios and better battery life, plus I like their custom Blur-like shell more than Sense. And the Fascinate looks great, too.

But, 12 months is a long time.

7. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

+1 doogald. I'm very impressed with my Droid X. Its been very solid, fast, everything that I hoped for an expected.

It does make my Eris seem small, though :D [typing on the X is very nice]

8. jps

jps Well-Known Member

droid pro possibly?

9. WormDoes

I've never been a fan of Motorola phones ever since back in the day when I shelled out a ton of money for the StarTac flip phone. It was so cool looking and I was psyched to buy it. Long story short, the battery on that think was a JOKE! 2 short calls and the thing would be dead. I complained to CS and never got a reasonable outcome and was stuck with that brick. Bad taste is still there. Anyways, lol, back to 2010, even in my local VZW I just don't like the feel of the Moto Droids. I really like what I've seen from HTC, just hoping they improve their battery life in their newer phones. I'm really excited to see what phones are gona be rolled out this holiday season. I'm glad my upgrade isn't until December otherwise I would have bitten on the Inc or X. Maybe I'll have enough will power to hold out for LTE

10. VonKannick

VonKannick Well-Known Member

WD, that's funny, one of my all time favorite phones was a StarTac. It worked very well for me, and had great battery life. It is because of that phone that I have always been a Motorola fan.

11. WormDoes

HAHA, that is funny. To each his own I guess ;)

12. KiWiLiT43

KiWiLiT43 Active Member

I'm with WD on this one. I've had some decent Motorola phones over the years, but I like the HTC phones I've had better. I'm holding out for the Merge!

13. cstone1991

cstone1991 Member

Wait... where did you hear that Verizon is going 4G? That would require a complete switch to GSM to my understanding. When I worked for them I was told that they would be going LTE. Or is that what you meant? (I know that the 2 are very similar)

And back to the question. I wouldn't hold my breath on waiting for the new technology whether it be LTE or 4G unless there is a rumored phone coming soon to when your upgrade comes. The new technology will not be available to the vast majority of us for at least a year or two from when it launches. Think about the amount of money it would cost to upgrade the entire network at one time... Unless you live in a very major city do not expect to get the new technology to be available in your area for a while.

14. carynis1doll

I talked to a rep today and he said 4G by november (for what thats worth) and he did mention the HTC in the second post would be the first for the new network upgrade