New in Android

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dyimz, Nov 2, 2010.

1. dyimz

dyimz New Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Hi! I am a noob in android as well as in programming(I came from a medical background), but I am willing to learn all of them. I own an iPhone, but I believe that Android will be the future, and I am planning to get one soon.

Hopefully I am still welcome in here :)

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH
    VIP Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Please feel free to join the conversations! If you need any help getting around, PM me. :)

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    VIP Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. Haikuguy

Haikuguy Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Hi !

I'm new as well- after 3 long years with an iphone (which was the first smart phone I've owned) I plan to get an android very soon- probably the HTC Desire Z.

I wasn't planing on rooting it (which I understand is something like jailbreaking in iphone, right?) but now that I hear that on the DHD there are all kind of pre-installed apps that are power hungry I'm guessing I'll have to.

since I have no background in programing and such (used the "dummy" version of jailbreak- install this, press this for 5 seconds, now let go...these kinda things...), I was wondering if messing with the android can be that simple.

There seems to be really professional people in this forum, so I guess I'll have a lot more questions once I'll actually get the phone!

5. dyimz

dyimz New Member

Oct 31, 2010
    thank you for welcoming me...haikuguy, we really need to get an android soon...:)

6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator
    Northern Ky
    Hello and Welcome!!