New Incredible, New Battery, Same ResultGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Stockmoose16

Stockmoose16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just swapped out my incredible for a new one to see if it was the battery or the phone that was the problem. I first tried the new battery in my old phone, and still got a precipitous drop in battery. Then I put the new battery in the new phone and here's the results from this morning:

- Looked at 5 emails, downloaded one 35mb podcast, listened to 33 minutes of said podcast. Battery went from 100% to 71%!!!!! (killed almost all apps before running this test)

What are the chances I got TWO bad phones?

Advertisement
  2. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

None, its not calibrated. Stop obsessing over the percentage, it's essentially meaningless until you've used the phone through many cycles. Focus on actual hours used until dead.

3. Mjcanton

Mjcanton Well-Known Member

Yeah really, just realx. I'm sure the downloading and podcast listening had something to do with it too..

4. nyngbld

nyngbld Well-Known Member

agree; give it more time. i stop the internet nightly now before i go to bed. today i am at 36 hours up time; best yet since starting charges on 4/29... also i have been performing the same various tasks to get a generic baseline, possibly more each day, so i know i am getting more juice already...

5. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member

Run the battery dead and then full charge, redo test.

6. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

i think people need to remember also that this IS a phone. It's not some NASA science device that is supposed to never deplete the battery. We are using phones WAY harder than ever before, surprise, the battery is gonna go down!

7. poster55

poster55 Active Member

You are getting low battery results because you are not letting the phone run a full cycle or two of full battery to drain to calibrate the battery meter. If you do not do this, your battery % will read wrong and your battery will seem to drain faster than it really is.

For good measure I did this 3 times. Currently my phone is sitting at 14% with 25 hours Up time and 13 Hours 11 Mins Awake Time.

I had the same issues as you. 7 Hour battery yada yada. So I let the phone drain until it shut off, then charged it to full, and did that again the 3 times mentioned above. Now I get a much better battery life.

NOTE: This has nothing to do with your -battery- and everything to do with how the Android OS Calibrates to read how much charge your battery really has.

8. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

9. guyheavensent

guyheavensent Well-Known Member

wow OP, learn that downloading and using your phone will make the battery go down... not a hard concept.

10. sanmanreg

sanmanreg Member

I was online with my incredible for 3 straight hours and still had 50% remaining. I think its better at running straight than a little here a little there.

11. elrabin

elrabin Well-Known Member

jeez. You downloaded a 35 mb file over the cell network and didn't expect it to murder your battery?

Running meebo for IM, which uses a mb or two per hour drains the battery pretty good, so i can't imagine what downloading a 35mb file would do.

i get roughly 5 hours of near constant messaging on meebo to bring the battery from 100% to 30% and thats with texting and emailing and surfing between.

Soooo, i'd suggest not downloading hugeass files over wifi/cdma.

12. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

Not nearly as good as the odds that both of your phones are fine and you're just being obsessive compulsive over a new purchase.

nyngbld likes this.