New IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Nick The Great

Nick The Great Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All,

I've had my Incredible since june and loved it. But after the Froyo OTA update, it got wonky. It would crash/restart if I'd use it too much. Some days, "too much" was 3 or 4 hours of sporadic use. Other days, "too much" would be about 15 minutes of email checking. It would reboot, and sometimes slip into a reboot cycle, where I'd have to pull the battery for 10 minutes, and it'd be okay.

I tried removing almost all my apps and tried everything but the factory reset. But on Saturday, instead of going to American Eagle and Bath and Body Works with the girls, I went to the VZW store. ;) I told the guy my story and he'd never heard this before. He has the DInc himself and seemed pretty knowledgeable. But I had 2 options: (1) do a factory reset then and there or (2) get a replacement in the mail.

So we did the reset and it worked okay until it tried it tried its final restart. It went into a tailspin and wouldn't come out the reboot loop. He then says,

Advertisement
  2. MovingColors

MovingColors Well-Known Member

I laughed at the "I'm sorry that I broke your phone" part. That's pretty funny hahaha

3. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

I've generally had good luck with VZW CS.
    I especially like how their reps are allowed the flexibility to replace your phone or change details about your contract on the fly. I've heard similar stories by other people which leads me to think this is Verizon's policy.
    It's one of the main reasons I stick with them and am willing to pay a little more than I would with another carrier.

4. Nick The Great

Thanks guys. I was relieved that he was so helpful. Especially after VZW 'lost' my original order, and all the CS reps told me to blow it out my . . . . :mad:

I'm happy to be on the good end of things for once! :eek:

5. aarn660

aarn660 Active Member

yeah, I went into the vzw store and they told me it was prolly a bad app. I was having lots of the same problems you were, but they wanted me to do a factory reset again, even though I already did one. It didnt help anything though so im going to go back up there and see if I can get a replacement because its ridiculous how buggy it is sometimes. Hopefully they get me a replacement.

6. Nick The Great

Hope it works out, my guy offered a replacement even before he did the reset.

I was just fortunate that it got did it right then and there, and wouldn't even turn on. Kinda made it tough for them to argue, even if they had wanted to. :)

Good luck!