New Interesting Battery Findings: From The Trickle Method

Last Updated:

1. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have been a big advocate of the trickle method the past couple of days (ever since the OP from another thread made the realization that the battery once fully charges while left on the charger goes back and forth from AC power to battery juice)

Anyway i have been experimenting with this method and new findings are very interesting!

Day 1 of OP's Method (charge overnight until wake up, take off charger, realize within 2 minutes of reading some email it drops between 96-94% and if left will drop into the 80s within the hour)

Potential Fix - Take off charger, read an email or two, watch the battery dwindle, place back on charger for a "true charge to 100" than immediately take off and go about your day, did this and had great results, at the end of the day with moderate usage, and in a poor service area, with evo in pocket when not in use phone stayed in the high 80s when usually its low 60s ... so far so good ...

Day 2 - Same method, not as good results, better service area, evo still in pocket with moderate use (significance of the pocket sometimes phone has hard time finding service) and now it goes back to 60s and even lower by the evening (low 30s)

Day 3 (Same method as above with a small tweak) take off charger watch dwindle down, place back on charger, this time take off while at 99% which seems to charge alot longer in 99% state than any other number .. Amazing results, high 90s going into the afternoon, same usage, signal varies

Day 4 (99% method) same results! Dunno why taking it off at 99% versus 100% at green light is yielding better results but it works and its been two days of consistent results - Currently from a 6am take off charger my battery is reading 96% with moderate usage, no calls or txts, all email, internet browsing and some music playing (slacker, which runs in the background but i make sure through oem running services is stopped after usage)

Worth a shot - and yes i have all settings either off or lowered to min (no 4g what so ever) only thing running is gmail push -

And for what its worth taking off the sync option, basically gives your batter another full day of juice, kinda weird as i didn't realize i had it shut off before these tests and battery was in 90s all day!

Advertisement
  2. horadin

horadin Well-Known Member

3. Chuckhound

Chuckhound Member

How can I tell when my phone is at 99%? Is there a special battery app?

4. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

I was going to post something similar to that. Taking it off the charger at 99%, the battery seems to stay full for much longer.

5. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Battery indicator is the program I am using free from the market gives you a upper left corner read out of battery left and drip down of temp.

Also I am at 90% so seems as if the magic number must be in the 90sif not 99 to pull thee charger off at, working for me