• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New intrusive ads?!

Now every time I access the forum, I'm met with a ghastly popup ad that I must click the little cross to cancel and return to the page.

I don't mind ads, gee this place must cost a bomb to run but why resort to pop-ups?

This problem comes up from time to time and is an ongoing concern of the site admins and owner. They have posted about their work with the ad agencies involved in trying to eradicate intrusive popups, etc.

Posting about it here, as you've done, is the way to go because it alerts them to new versions of the problem.
icon14.gif

Upvote 0
It usually happens the first time I access the forum from a desktop PC for the day. Its full screen on the window size I use, and its a guys face. Initally thought it was a phandroid ad. I can't reproduce so I will get more details when I next log in a fresh.

Same, its also the most annoying type of advert I've ever had to deal with..

Reactions: SUroot
Upvote 0
This one?

cap2b.png

(I should add, I've only ever seen it once my self. I had to use incognito mode to see it again).

Yep. Had it 4 times today now so its not just first thing. Sometimes in FireFox, I go to the main HTC desire forum and its as if I'm not logged in and it shows then too. It's odd. Maybe a cache problem cause threads that have been moved since still appear

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones