New iphone to htc EVO user. I need help...

Last Updated:

1. AndersonRay

AndersonRay New Member This Topic's Starter

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andersonray/4818749108/
    HELP!!!! Ok I'm new to this whole form thing. So please bear with me. I joined because I'm having an issue with my htc EVO's front face camera. As you can see from the attached photo that whenever I use my front face camera a very noticeable black dot appears. And this happens during video recording as well. And only when using the front camera. When using the regular camera/video all's well. Any ideas? Anyone?

Advertisement
  2. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

Spot on the lens maybe? Like a spot of dust perhaps?

AndersonRay likes this.
  3. AndersonRay

I thought the same thing at first. And even attempted to wipe it clean to no avail. Funny this is that when I switch to the back camera it's not there! And photos and video are spot free! It only shows up when I switch to the "Secondary" camera. Only me!!! I always have foreign problems...

4. QwertyBlog

QwertyBlog Member

Hmm, the best suggestion would to just exchange it from where you got it from, so you don't have to hassle with it anymore.

AndersonRay likes this.
  5. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

That's what I would do.

AndersonRay likes this.
  6. shandroid

shandroid Well-Known Member

very strange, exchange asap.

AndersonRay likes this.
  7. TheAndroidWorks

TheAndroidWorks Well-Known Member

Definitely appears to be dust in the camera. How do you like it compared to the iPhone so far?

8. AndersonRay

I'm loving it in contrast to the iphone! I mean there are things that I like better on iphone for example their FB app is far superior to the Android one. And I like the UI on the iphone better. But the out of the box customization of the HTC is nice!!! So it's a give and take for me. But hands down I'm loving my EVO!!!

9. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Good man.. Let's do our best to decrease Apple's monetary gain :)

10. jamezr

jamezr Member

I switched from the iphne 4 to the EVO and love it. I agree with you and about the FB app. I wish the one for android would show the updates like the iphone app did. BUT I have been able to find all the apps I like on the iphone on the Marketplace or appbrain and most are free!

11. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

YEah you definitely need to exchange it, Since you're new to the Forum and the HTC EVO in general, here are some links that may be Helpful to you.

GoodandEVO.net A site dedicated to the EVO

The General HTC EVO forums here

If you're interested in Customizing the look of your phone, I strongly suggest getting some inspiration from the geniuses here. (especially YourGod and NewOne57

For General Knowledge and getting used to your phone, I'd suggest This one and This one is from people in your situation making the change from iPhone to Android (I think there's a lot of complaining in there, but they're formerly your people so maybe you can pick up some knowledge that somebody that's never had an iPhone would never think to tell you.

I know none of this really helps with your Camera Problem(which is just weird BTW) but hopefully this helps you enjoy your HTC EVO

tallyplouffe likes this.
  12. vmbgap

vmbgap Member

+1 for exchanging it. There is nothing wrong if wiping it off doesn't fix it.

13. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

+2 on the exchange. All I can think is that probably something on into the lens during manufacturing if you can't seem to be able to clean it off. You should have no problem exchanging it after explaining the issue.

14. tallyplouffe

tallyplouffe Member

Just to give you a laugh, got my EVO yesterday and thought the pictures were pretty fuzzy. My 10 year old son came home, removed it from the case and found the little plastic protector covering the lens.:eek: