• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New iphone to htc EVO user. I need help...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andersonray/4818749108/
HELP!!!! Ok I'm new to this whole form thing. So please bear with me. I joined because I'm having an issue with my htc EVO's front face camera. As you can see from the attached photo that whenever I use my front face camera a very noticeable black dot appears. And this happens during video recording as well. And only when using the front camera. When using the regular camera/video all's well. Any ideas? Anyone?

I'm loving it in contrast to the iphone! I mean there are things that I like better on iphone for example their FB app is far superior to the Android one. And I like the UI on the iphone better. But the out of the box customization of the HTC is nice!!! So it's a give and take for me. But hands down I'm loving my EVO!!!

Good man.. Let's do our best to decrease Apple's monetary gain :)

Upvote 0
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andersonray/4818749108/
HELP!!!! Ok I'm new to this whole form thing. So please bear with me. I joined because I'm having an issue with my htc EVO's front face camera. As you can see from the attached photo that whenever I use my front face camera a very noticeable black dot appears. And this happens during video recording as well. And only when using the front camera. When using the regular camera/video all's well. Any ideas? Anyone?
I switched from the iphne 4 to the EVO and love it. I agree with you and about the FB app. I wish the one for android would show the updates like the iphone app did. BUT I have been able to find all the apps I like on the iphone on the Marketplace or appbrain and most are free!

Upvote 0
YEah you definitely need to exchange it, Since you're new to the Forum and the HTC EVO in general, here are some links that may be Helpful to you.

GoodandEVO.net A site dedicated to the EVO

The General HTC EVO forums here

If you're interested in Customizing the look of your phone, I strongly suggest getting some inspiration from the geniuses here. (especially YourGod and NewOne57

For General Knowledge and getting used to your phone, I'd suggest This one and This one is from people in your situation making the change from iPhone to Android (I think there's a lot of complaining in there, but they're formerly your people so maybe you can pick up some knowledge that somebody that's never had an iPhone would never think to tell you.

I know none of this really helps with your Camera Problem(which is just weird BTW) but hopefully this helps you enjoy your HTC EVO

Reactions: tallyplouffe
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones