1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

New issue, slow 4g download speedsGeneral

1. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

I am getting very slow download speeds in places i should be blazing, like the middle of Manhattan where i did these speed tests. This is not always the case, but seems to be getting to be more and more the norm. Anyone have any idea why this is happening, and what I can do about it? Phone is rooted with twrp and freegs4 rom.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

Wait a day and try again. There may have been an issue with the network. After all...it is Sprint. Network Vision my arse...more like Network Myopia.
  3. Mmazz

Mmazz Well-Known Member

I get the same thing on metro/tmobile. Periodically its as slow as a snail on 4glte.
  4. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Your networks speed is dependent on how many other people are using the network at the same time. Thus, Manhattan could be the worst place for download speeds, unless you're talking about Manhattan, Kansas. There are a lot of people in NYC.

Also, when I think of blazing fast speed, I don't think of Sprint.
  5. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

yeah, sprint is the weakest of the big three, but they are the only ones that have unlimited data plans and I tether so I stay. I'm suspecting it's not a network problem though, because the phone seems to "hang" sometimes when using apps that require data. There is nothing happening up or down when there should be. Sometimes I put it in airplane mode to cut the connection and reconnect and it runs like it should for a little while then hangs up again.
  6. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

Sprint is notoriously bad with their data speeds and consistency, so my money would be on that. Now with custom ROMs, sometimes they can mess with the speeds depending on which modem is packaged with the ROM, but I bet it is just Sprints network.
  7. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

There are still some people with unlimited Verizon plans, but the fact that Sprint still offers them is part of the reason why their data speeds suck. It's not just mere coincidence.
  8. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

Well, if you want to find out if it's the network or your phone...you will have to find someone with a Sprint phone (shouldn't be too hard in NY) and ask them to do a speed check. If they are fine then you can try to troubleshoot your phone. Do you have a nandroid backup? Or reload the ROM or another and try again.