New: Issues

Last Updated:

1. Graylander

Graylander Active Member This Topic's Starter

I got a free upgrade to a new phone because I've been with my provider for 2 years. I originally got the My Touch 3G Slide and played around with it for a week, but if I'm going to have a smart phone I want one that can do music well. But the My Touch Slide didn't give me enough room, so I decided to try out the Vibrant.

I've only had this phone for a day. I know there may be fixes to my issues or I may adjust to the changes. But I wanted to post my thoughts to see if any one had suggestions, comments, or solutions.

I'm disappointed it doesn't have a keyboard, I'm sure I'll get used to the touch one, but I liked the actual keyboard on the My Touch.
    Don't really like the lack of buttons on the side, theres only on/off and volume, and the front button are touch as well. I'm sure I'll get used to this too, but I still like physical buttons you can push.
    The screen rotates too easily. I'm holding it and tilt my hand slightly by accident, and whoop, now it's landscape. Is there a setting to adjust the sensitivity?
    There's a bunch of pre-installed aps that I don't want. Like Slaker radio, I think that's what it's called, looks like a Pandora clone. How can I remove these?
    The interface isn't as pretty as the My Touch 3G Slide. It looks rougher and is more clunky. Not a big deal, but something I noticed.
    On my old mp3 player I had an "add to selected" option, where I could be listening to a cd or playlist, and I could highlight a different song and hit the button and it would add it to the end of the current playlist without having to switch to it manually later or reload the playlist. I'm aware that few mp3 players have that feature, but I'm highly missing it.

I'm locked into this phone and data plan in a week, so if you have any comments or answers I would appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. charkey

charkey Member

Do you realize that you can buy a new SD card that can hold more music for your MyTouch Slide 3g?

3. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

What do you mean you got a free upgrade, you didn't pay anything for the Vibrant, nothing? zero?

4. Graylander

Graylander Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I'm aware, but even 32 gbs is too small for me. I'm just at 34gb with my music and don't want to have to swap music around. With the Vibrant I can go up to 48gb with the combination of the internal and SD which is enough.

No, I misspoke. I actually did have to pay a fee to upgrade. But it was quite small compared to the full price of the phone. The Vibrant was a bit more expensive than the Slide though.