New Jit enabler / dis-abler app on the Market

Last Updated:

1. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes for those who are running CyanogenMOD 5.0.5.7 ONLY right now. Just type JIT in the market and it'll pop up.

I've been running it with the heat turned down and so far it's behaving. I'm sure it'll explode tomorrow.. :rolleyes: All these apps have made my adb skills waste away... damn devs.. ;). The best thing about it is you can turn it off without having to pull and editing the build file yourself... which is sort of a pita... lol.

Jit App In Market - CyanogenMod Forum

Not supporting Jit by any means... just forwarding the news.. :p

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Good news - gonna check it out.

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

JIT has never been stable for me on any ROM I've tried it on...but I've never tried it on Cyanogenmod, so... :)

4. Redflea

Just tapped "enable JIT" after setting up the program...rebooted a couple seconds later...wish it had told me it was going to do that, hoping I'm not just falling into another round of JIT boot looping. ;)

Booted up fine, checked my build.prop file and the JIT line is in there so it appears I'm enabled.

There's no indication i the app itself that JIT is enabled.

Once you've done this it's about as easy to edit the build.prop file using root explorer as it is to open and run the app - just change the JIT line at the end of build.prop from ending in :JIT to :Fast...

Phone has been stable for about five minutes I've used it...running the stock kernel at 600MHz (which amazingly, has been plenty fast w/5.0.5.7...).

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

You have to reboot to enable jit its supposed to do that. But you will probably get some boot looping. its the nature of JIT at this point at least.

6. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

The best indicator is before and after benchmarks. I can't speak for 600 but at 1200 I notice about +1 mflop in Linpack and about 10ms on the short benchmark in SetCPU. That should tell you.

7. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

I just scored 16.1 with a 1.3Ghz!! Holy goshhh!! Wow!! That was fun! Soon after my phone rebooted constantly, but I managed to quickly disable it. So that's the end of that. lol

8. Redflea

Had one reboot so far, still at 600...going to run w/JIT on for a while and see how it goes...

9. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Other than heat, for stability wouldn't you be better off with a higher kernel and no JIT?

10. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

To be concise, YES! For the lucky few, JIT has been fairly stable. For the rest of us at this point, worth a try but generally you will have more consistent results with a higher speed kernel (experiment and see which kernel, voltage, speed works best for you).

11. stlcity

stlcity Member

Have been running with JIT enabled for the past day. Stable so far. No reboots. Running CM 5.0.5.7 with P3 droids 1.2 kernel. Linpack scores usually 14.9s

12. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

13. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

how well does the free50mb script run. and negative side effects?

14. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Absolutely no clue. None were mentioned by the dev.

15. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

well i have been running the free50mb script for about 6 hours and it seems to be working fine. using ATK just to view the free RAM it does appear to be keeping it above 50mb. before i would easily fall to 30-32. i am guessing it just kills off background apps faster now.

16. DroidSuks

Poor guy... has to download a ROM to make enabling/disabling everything easy. :(

:rolleyes:

Just saying.

I love JRummy's stuff.... I think we're all in favor of easy... despite what incarnation it resides in. :cool:

17. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

poor guy, you think we have to download the entire rom to use the scripts....lol. read slower next time, we only need the files for the scripts not the rom.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

18. DroidSuks

Your right... my apologies. Also my apologies to Fade for striking out towards him.... It's so rare to encounter a forum now a days that's not flaming in ever post that when I see the slightest negative comment I want to call it out.... especially in this forum where everyone is so great and there is so little of it.

My point was... and is... there was no need to insult everyone who uses the app including the dev who took the time to create it. All that was needed was the second half of the post.

Thanks for reading.

19. Redflea

Turned off JIT...with it enabled I started getting reboots as usual, even running it w/a "slow" 600 MHz kernel...my Droid no-likey!!

Popped in p3Droid's 900MHz kernel just for fun (hadn't tried any of his yet) and running smoothly at 900MHz so far, wifi working fine, etc. I'm done futzing w/JIT for the foreseeable future, unless some amazing new version comes out, or I get a new Droid for some reason.

20. ISUVetMed

ISUVetMed Well-Known Member

I have been running it for about 8 hours w/ 1.2Ghz bekit kernel on Cyanogen without any reboots. SetCPU long benchmark is right around 250ms.

21. Redflea

Very good start...let us know how it goes over the next day or so. You may be one of the lucky ones w/a Droid that handles JIT. <jealous!>

22. DroidSuks

I turned it off as well.... same as usual.... great then crash. I think if they decide to pick up the jit bag and finish dev on it we'll hopefully see some stability one of these days.... but I'm not holding my breath.

23. Redflea

Me thinks that would be a very quick way to remove ourselves from the gene pool. ;) My initial high hopes for JIT on my current phone have been dashed repeatedly, and Google won't even fix BT dialing, so expecting them to fix JIT seems unlikely. There is the other speed improvement supposedly on the way (forgetting what it was called) that I hold out some hope for...the new Dalvik engine, I think.

I do keep hoping my Droid will explode or something so I can get another one and maybe get lucky and get one that works w/JIT. I am insured, so I could "lose" it and pay $80 for a replacement, but that doesn't fit w/my moral or financial ethos, so I'm stuck waiting for mine to die a natural death...DIE, DROID, DIE!!!!!! :D

24. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

We are all ass clowns, except me.

25. DroidSuks