• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NEW KEYBOARD - SwiftKey

I'm I the only one weary about Swiftkey knowing everything that I type? I just installed it and during my activation of actually switching over to Swiftkey I got a warning about Swiftkey knowing my credit-card passcodes and such..and I'm guessing this app has access to the internet..

Privacy seems to be a thing of the past nowadays.

Edit: Okay..I can't seem to get this working even..I downloaded the English module and set Swiftkey as my input but I still seem to be on the stock keyboard..anyway you can find out just what keyboard input it truly is using?

Upvote 0
Edit: Okay..I can't seem to get this working even..I downloaded the English module and set Swiftkey as my input but I still seem to be on the stock keyboard..anyway you can find out just what keyboard input it truly is using?

I had this problem earlier, Open up your messaging (I use Handcent) long press in the message dialogue box and the 'input style' popup will appear, then select Swiftkey.

HTH

Upvote 0
I'm I the only one weary about Swiftkey knowing everything that I type? I just installed it and during my activation of actually switching over to Swiftkey I got a warning about Swiftkey knowing my credit-card passcodes and such..and I'm guessing this app has access to the internet..

Privacy seems to be a thing of the past nowadays.

You'll get that notice with any keyboard you install, so it is not specific to swiftkey.

Upvote 0
Can someone help me with this? im new to android operating system, how do i install swiftkey? ive downloaded and installed switfkey using astro file manager. followed the swiftkey instructions , but swiftkey doesnt seem to be showing up on my keyboard input?

Currently on HTC Legend

Firstly go Setting > Language & Keyboard > and tick SwiftKey

Then go to a text input box e.g. SMS and long hold on the input box

select Input Method > SwiftKey

That should then bring up the SwiftKey keyboard

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones