New kid on the block

Last Updated:

1. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone I'm Jaka from Slovenia (like anyone cares). :p

I don't have an Android device yet but I've already ordered the Motorola Milestone and it's coming very soon. At this point some might say "wrong phone" or "wait for the Nexus" but I think I could wait forever for the perfect phone and be stuck with the stupidly smart Nokia.

Why I'm getting an Android device? Firstly because I'm sick of the Symbian interface and like the way Android can be managed, secondly ... well ... I don't want an iPhone and Apples nonsense that comes with it - I'm a Google person.

Otherwise I'm still a student of wood science and technology (I have a couple of exams left) and I'm working a full shift 7 AM - 3 PM at a company called JUB which produces various paints, building materials and insulation systems. I'm one of the guys there that tests the products and tells the developers how good or bad the product is.

In my free time I'm a member of the local photo club and attend many national and international saloons of photography and collect amateur photographic titles - I'm currently at F2 which means I still have three titles left before I reach the top.
    I love hiking and skiing in the mountains and that goes well with photography. Also I play in an amateur volleyball league which helps me relax and get rid of the extra energy ... and keeps my body going.
    Yes I really like physical activity and get nervous if I have to stay at home and watch TV or something.

I've browsed through the forum for some info regarding the Android OS and especially the problem reporting/solving posts which I think were useful for me so I think I'll find more info on new things like customizing the OS, getting good apps for it, notes on new features and such things.

For those of you that made it this far through the post I hope I wasn't boring you. It's a good thing that these first posts by new members don't get much attention. ;)

PS: Usually my first posts aren't this long but hey it's an introduction post.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Welcome, I enjoyed the read :)

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys. I got my Moto Milestone today and I love it so far. Everything is set up - synced google cal, contacts, mail, synced my music from the computer, tweaked the system settings for longer battery life now let's see how long this baby can last.

(I know I can't expect it to last a full 7 days like my previous Nokia E71 but still)