• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NEw Kies India Update Not Jelly Bean

joandruma

Lurker
Feb 12, 2013
Hi
I am from India and have a Galaxy S-II I9100. On Saturday I connected the phone to Kies on my Laptop. A message popped up saying that there was new firmware. I thought that finally India was getting the Jelly Bean so I proceeded with the update. The update went through and the phone rebooted but at the end of it all I still had ICS 4.0.4 on my phone. I tried everything including a factory reset but still had the ICS 4.0.4. Its version now shows
PDA:I9100XWLQ2
PHONE:I9100DDLPC
CSC:I9100ODDLPD
Checking on the Samfirmware page it looks like this update has been released on 2 Jan 13, has a region- Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom but also figures under Samfirmwares for GT-I9100 India.
The earlier firmware listed under Samfirmwares for GT-I9100 India was I9100XWLPW released on 2012-09-06.
Q1
Did I get bumped from 9100XWLPW to I9100XWLQ2 ?
Q2
What is the difference between I9100XWLQ2 and I9100XWLPW ?
Q3
If its region(I9100XWLQ2) is shown as Germany how is it applicable to India and how was it available on Kies for India ?
Q4
Will I now be able to receive the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 whenever it is realeased for India ?
Thankyou
Jo

Hi joandruma!

Lets try and answer your questions.
Hi
I am from India and have a Galaxy S-II I9100. On Saturday I connected the phone to Kies on my Laptop. A message popped up saying that there was new firmware. I thought that finally India was getting the Jelly Bean so I proceeded with the update. The update went through and the phone rebooted but at the end of it all I still had ICS 4.0.4 on my phone. I tried everything including a factory reset but still had the ICS 4.0.4. Its version now shows
PDA:I9100XWLQ2
PHONE:I9100DDLPC
CSC:I9100ODDLPD
Checking on the Samfirmware page it looks like this update has been released on 2 Jan 13, has a region- Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom but also figures under Samfirmwares for GT-I9100 India.
The earlier firmware listed under Samfirmwares for GT-I9100 India was I9100XWLPW released on 2012-09-06.
Q1
Did I get bumped from 9100XWLPW to I9100XWLQ2 ?

You are on CSC code ODD for India. There has been a release in January 2013 to XWLQ2, Android 4.0.4, ICS.

Q2
What is the difference between I9100XWLQ2 and I9100XWLPW ?

Hard to say as Samsung do not release changelogs but it will be a bug fix update.

Q3
If its region(I9100XWLQ2) is shown as Germany how is it applicable to India and how was it available on Kies for India ?

Your CSC code, ODD, determines your update. See post #1, here:-

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/523455-ics-csc-you-eligible-update.html

Q4
Will I now be able to receive the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 whenever it is realeased for India ?

Yes, when it is eventually released for your CSC code. See posts #1, #2 and #3, here:-

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/680070-jelly-bean-update-dummies-guide.html

Reactions: joandruma
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones