• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NEW Latest 2.1 Leak and Get More HTC Widgets

Battery looks exactly the same but is 500k larger. Not sure why. I'll post it shortly.

Tip Calculator is the same except that it defaults to 15% instead of 10% when you first add it to your screen. I guess some servers must have complained.

Im a server and hell yes I would've complained! 10%? These people must watch Rachel Ray!!! LOL

Upvote 0
Unable to download widgets. Tap to try again. ::sigh::

OTD, How can i tell if the HTC battery widget is draining my bat? Thats the one I use.

I did a few test days with it on mine. One day on and day off sort of thing for about a week. Didn't really restrict my usage in any way so it would be a fair. I wrote down my percentages at 10 minutes off the charger, then one hour, then at noon, then 5 pm and finally when I went to bed. Everyday that I didn't have that widget on my phone I had a min of 10% more battery. Most of the time it was 15-20% more though.

Upvote 0
I just checked this again on my phone and IT WORKED! And I got a bunch of "Coming Soon" apps listed.

See attached (if it works... never attached an image)

Attachments

• HtcWidgets1.jpg
    HtcWidgets1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 141
  • HtcWidgets2.jpg
    HtcWidgets2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
I did a few test days with it on mine. One day on and day off sort of thing for about a week. Didn't really restrict my usage in any way so it would be a fair. I wrote down my percentages at 10 minutes off the charger, then one hour, then at noon, then 5 pm and finally when I went to bed. Everyday that I didn't have that widget on my phone I had a min of 10% more battery. Most of the time it was 15-20% more though.

After the initial 2.1 leak, I installed the HTC Battery widget, and it didn't seem to be a battery killer on my phone. I moved to the second leak yesterday, and downloaded the widget from the market, and I noticed a considerable difference in battery drain. Then, this morning when the "Get more HTC widgets" option was live, it prompted me for an update for the battery widget.....still a noted increase in battery drain. This may be useless info to you, sorry if i was narrating. :D

Upvote 0
I was finally able to get the list and they added more widgets:

Battery
Call Mom (coming soon)
Coin Flip
Daily Challenge
Dice
Notes
Quick Record (coming soon)
Ringtone
Sand Timer (coming soon)
Tasks (coming soon)
Tip Calculator
Today In History
Translator (coming soon)

I guess HTC is upping their game, I guess that's why they sent that C&D letter to Beautiful Widgets' creators.....

Upvote 0
Very strange... I get a list, but not as complete as some others. My list is:
Battery
Daily Challenge
Notes
Ringtone
Tip Calculator

and that's it, even if I do an "Update"... For those with more in their list, what is your "Software Number" in About Phone/Software? mine is 2.26.605.4.

Thanks,
Doc

Upvote 0
After the initial 2.1 leak, I installed the HTC Battery widget, and it didn't seem to be a battery killer on my phone. I moved to the second leak yesterday, and downloaded the widget from the market, and I noticed a considerable difference in battery drain. Then, this morning when the "Get more HTC widgets" option was live, it prompted me for an update for the battery widget.....still a noted increase in battery drain. This may be useless info to you, sorry if i was narrating. :D

Have noticed that with the new 2.1 and the new battery widget from get more is draining my battery much faster so may have to uninstall. I did hit menu and update, "your widget list is up to date", so no battery update for me.

Upvote 0
Very strange... I get a list, but not as complete as some others. My list is:
Battery
Daily Challenge
Notes
Ringtone
Tip Calculator

and that's it, even if I do an "Update"... For those with more in their list, what is your "Software Number" in About Phone/Software? mine is 2.26.605.4.

Thanks,
Doc

yes, I have that software version, the newest 2.1 leak. I was on full battery if that helps, and I live in NYC (maybe location has something to do with it?) Try refreshing the list, maybe that'll work....

Also, I was able to install Daily Challenge. It's not a cute app you guys aren't missing much. It told me my challenge of the day was to see how long I'd last without TV or internet- obviously I failed miserably lol. If anyone needs it I'd be happy to upload apk if someone would show me how to do that....

As for those asking about installing issues. I left my phone charging last night and my phone downloading the daily challenge app, which seemed frozen aas well, but when I woke up this morning it was fully installed. It seems to take a loooong time but it eventually installs the apps.

Upvote 0
I must have had a low signal but the status for a couple items in my Get More app are showing Installing. They are stuck. Anything I can do to get this to wake back up and try again?

Tim, I have had this happen before and cannot remember exactly what I did. I may have used appkiller (now I dont have it anymore so not sure), or try to hit the end button and power down, if that does not work either, pull the battery.

Upvote 0
Also, I was able to install Daily Challenge. It's not a cute app you guys aren't missing much. It told me my challenge of the day was to see how long I'd last without TV or internet- obviously I failed miserably lol. If anyone needs it I'd be happy to upload apk if someone would show me how to do that....

As for those asking about installing issues. I left my phone charging last night and my phone downloading the daily challenge app, which seemed frozen aas well, but when I woke up this morning it was fully installed. It seems to take a loooong time but it eventually installs the apps.

I was able to download daily challenge this morning with no problems, now yesterday was a much different story. My challenge was to"only eat fresh healthy food and omit fast food from your diet" Do not think this will happen. Only thing cool about it is that is says hello with my name and scrolls across the screen.

Upvote 0
This still doesn't work for me. I'm running the latest 2.1 leak. Any ideas?

One thing I did do differently last night- I did *228 options 1&2. It helped my call lag issues and the HTC thing worked...

Audidan, lol at yesterday's challenge. I would have failed as well... I hate the scrolling thing of the app and that the colors are not customizable. Also it seems like a battery hog :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones