• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New LG G3 or pre owned Galaxy S5? (Poll inside)

G3 or pre owned S5

• G3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pre owned S5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RandyD

Lurker
Jan 27, 2015
I'm having trouble deciding between the two so let me not waste any time and say the pros (for me at least) of both.
G3 Pros
+Bigger screen
+Smaller bezels
+Not as much Samsung bloatware (I know it still has bloat though)
+Expandable keyboard which is something I really like because I have big hands
+It's new
Galaxy Pros
+Still a big screen (I live in a Apple house)
+I like the Samsung UI
+Heart rate sensor
+And here's one of the main reasons I'm even thinking of the S5 WATER RESISTENT the thought of taking the phone in the shower to answer a text check the time etc Is very appealing to me combine that with the fact that im not really to gentle with things I tend to knock em around a bit is also a reason.
One big leg up the g3 has still is the fact that its not pre owned. So I'm askin you guys which one do you think is the better fit?
Thanks in advance
PS These phones are on Verizon if that matters

Lol I'd say it's down to which os you prefer (you say you like Samsung's so go with that)
Personally, I like to run custom roms so that makes Samsung a no no to me (you can't flash a custom rom on a modern Samsung without voiding your warranty) but if you're happy with a stock phone and you can live with the Samsung OS then having a water proof phone is a huge plus imo :thumbsupdroid:
(not sure if you want us to vote for what we'd choose or what you should choose lol)

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
Lol I'd say it's down to which os you prefer (you say you like Samsung's so go with that)
Personally, I like to run custom roms so that makes Samsung a no no to me (you can't flash a custom rom on a modern Samsung without voiding your warranty) but if you're happy with a stock phone and you can live with the Samsung OS then having a water proof phone is a huge plus imo :thumbsupdroid:
(not sure if you want us to vote for what we'd choose or what you should choose lol)
I guess what you would choose.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones