New LG Optimus M (MS690) - Root Achieved!

Last Updated:

1. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Nino924

Nino924 New Member

I cant find the z4root app in android market but i have downloaded root explorer and android mate.. i'm new to this can someone explain how i can get the z4root app so i can root my phone to delete these apps metro put on here
  3. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

4. edgchacon

edgchacon Well-Known Member

Another good method to move things to the phone is to install Dropbox and sign up for a Dropbox acct:
    http://www.dropbox.com

Just copy the apk to your machine in the dropbox folder... and viola.. open it on the phone shortly after its "sync'ed"
  5. tekmac

tekmac Active Member

Yes i would also like to know how to get the droid animation with the sound
  6. lexbot

lexbot Active Member

7. LCP

LCP New Member

Any news on how install Flash 10.1 on the MS 690?... and...thanks to everyone for posting about the new ms 690...very helpful...:)
  8. danyvw

danyvw Well-Known Member

9. Juvie

Juvie Member

Im lost onthis too... Help?

*** Update ***

Got it!!
  10. Juvie

Juvie Member

What version is it that works because the one I got on this thread is also not rooting me?
  11. allgameplaya

allgameplaya Active Member

12. ChazzMatt

An easy way is to download to your desktop, then attach it to a gmail (or other email account) that you send yourself. (Your gmail/other email account on the phone has to be active). When you send it to yourself, it shows up on the phone in that email account. Click on the attachment to install.
  13. star2doc

star2doc Member

On the LG-MS690 with Andoid 2.2
    Baseband version MS690_36.6040.1001
    Kernel version 2.6.32.9 lge@android-build #1
    Build number FRF91
    SW Version MS690ZV3
    HW Version 1.1
    PRL Version 30141
    ERI Version 1003

Using z4root version 1.30 (md5sum 46965bd41dac0e4988515aa2f9f95b19), temporary root runs through to completion without error, bu the device fails to grant any root permissions.

Permanent root works as expected.
    Juvie likes this.
  14. ChazzMatt

I just wanted to update this. In case anyone did not hear, LG now says they WILL push 2.3 to our Optimus M phones. No specific date, but sometime.

15. ChazzMatt

Not yet. I think we would need a custom ROM with 2.3 integrated. 2.3 just came out this month.

LG says they will push 2.3 to LG Optimus One/M/S/T/U/A (after an outcry when they first said they would not).
  16. Juvie

Juvie Member

Finnaly!!! Im not crazy then... anyone know of a work around? I dont want to go permanent as I work at a metro store and the phone is a demo.
  17. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide

how long did it take to root cause the program has been running for over a minute now
  18. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide

I did this and they still show up in the app drawer and still are working and i rebooted the phone

any ideas?
  19. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide

nevermind i had to uninstall the updates! thanks guys
  20. ChazzMatt

what updates did you have to uninstall?:confused:
  21. mrtoolman

mrtoolman Active Member

I am considering rooting my phone using this method. What do I do if it somehow bricks? I just want to cover all my bases because I love this phone too much to not be able to use it :D
  22. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide

ummm loopt, mocospace, anything that needed an update
  23. Suspect1001

Suspect1001 New Member

Hello all,

Here is how I removed bloatware and rooted my lg optimus m.

1. First I downloaded z4root(free) from this page [APP] z4root - xda-developers, since it was not on the android app market
    2. Then I downloaded Astro file manager(free) from the market.
    3. Lastly I downloaded Titanium Backup(free) from the market.
    4. After all the downloads, I copied the z4root.apk to the sd card from my pc.
    5. Then put the sd card in my phone opened up Astro file manger > sdcard > z4root and installed it to the phone.
    6. Then opened up z4root and hit permanent root.
    7. After this I opened up titanium backup and clicked on "problems" it should install busybox and then allow you to use titanium backup.
    8. Then open up titanium backup again and click Backup/Restore and delete apps in there.

The list of apps to delete is somewhere in this post, but I will paste it again.

MVC.MetroPCS.android02.apk = Virtual Card
    MobileBanking.apk = Mobile Banking
    MobilePosse.apk = MyExtras
    SNS.apk = Facebook for LG, Twitter for LG
    Boingo_Wo-Fi.apk = Boingo WiFi
    Mocospace-1.2.4.apk = Moco Space
    Uno_Demo_LG_MS690.apk = Uno Game
    PGA_Android.apk = Free Games
    LGMS690_MetroPCS_EasyWiFi_V4.0.90.apk = Easy Wifi
    MPCS-MobileIM-0.4.24.2.apk = MobileIM
    PEX-3.1.1.1-metro-rc.apk = Pocket Express
    z7-android2x.apk= Mail@Metro
    NiNi likes this.
  24. ChazzMatt

I'm keeping Easy WiFi for now, for the free access to 500,000 wifi spots. But all the rest you mentioned -- yeah toss them overboard. Especially that bothersome MyExtras! :mad:

Of course I replaced the Facebook LG app with the REAL Facebook app, which is better.