• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New LG Spirit is now in Metropcs web site

I figured today was launch day when the Metro site was down for a while last night.
They probably added it to a staging server and did some final testing of the web site before going "live"

Also in Kalifornia, we get hit with about 9% sales tax, so it's going to be about $295.00 + $15.00 in-store activation so I'm looking at $310.00 OTD

Of course, I will eventually get $70.00 back, but I'm still looking at $240.00

As much as I would like that extra inch of real estate on the screen and improved screen res, I can't justify dropping $240.00 on a phone when I just spent $150.00 + tax + activation for the LG Motion 3 months ago.

Had I bought the Motion for $100.00 and gotten another $50.00 back on the MIR, I would be all over the Spirit. BTW, I wonder how many MIR's a customer is allowed and if those that got the MIR on the Motion aren't eligible for the MIR on the Spirit?

I'll have to wait it out about 8-10 weeks and maybe buy it for myself as a B-Day gift, or see if the S-3 drops significantly in price as the S-4 is due to drop in April so I'm hoping to see the S-3 at $300.00 again on wirefly in late March.

BTW, the LG Spirit isn't on wirefly as of yet - perhaps they will have it soon at a more friendly price.

If it were $200.00 + tax + Activation, I would be more tempted, especially if it had an 8MP camera. But that would still be about $235.00 OTD after taxes and activation.

For you guys that are going to get one, enjoy! And be sure to let us know how you like it and how the screen looks, especially the screen res.

Too bad Metro and Wirefly dropped the price on the Motion - I would sell mine on eBay along with my old iPhone to take less of a hit on the price of the Spirit.

I might just sell my old iPhone and keep my Motion for a backup phone and use the cash to offset the price of the Spirit.

I also have to do my taxes as well to see where I stand with them this year.
I'll do that this weekend and if I'm getting a decent return, then I might still be getting a Spirit.

Upvote 0
It's basically the same thing as the motion. Only difference is bigger screen, less internal memory and most likely it's capped at 1.2GHz unlike the Motion which is 1.5.

I think LG would go with the same 1.5GHz CPU to support the bigger screen and higher screen res, but I'll have to look it up and see if they are using the same CPU, which can easily be overclocked to 1.5Ghz like the Motion.

Or wait until some of the benchmark numbers start coming in.

Upvote 0
I think LG would go with the same 1.5GHz CPU to support the bigger screen and higher screen res, but I'll have to look it up and see if they are using the same CPU, which can easily be overclocked to 1.5Ghz like the Motion.

Or wait until some of the benchmark numbers start coming in.

Not 100% sure of this but I think the snapdragon the motion comes with is 1.5Ghz, I dont think its overclocked at that speed.

Not 100% sure of this though, could be the lite version as they call it is clocked at 1.2.

Upvote 0
This phone is so not worth it. I can't believe someone is going to pay that much for it. Even S3 is better bang for your buck comparing it to the Spirit price tag.

That's funny you went on, and On and ON about how overpriced the S3 was too.

Is there ANY Metro phone you think IS a decent deal?

Bruce in Ocala, FL-and yes, I DID go back and check the S3 thread... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
lcd_beta_board.jpg

They have this one on sale for $30 after the MIR, bare bones but sounds like a good deal..

Upvote 0
That's funny you went on, and On and ON about how overpriced the S3 was too.

Is there ANY Metro phone you think IS a decent deal?

Bruce in Ocala, FL-and yes, I DID go back and check the S3 thread... :rolleyes:

I still think that S3 is overpriced, but if you ask me if spirit worth it's money I'd say no. Bringing it down to $150 without rebates is right, price for it. keep in mind you pay taxes for that $70 rebate, in reality you get around $65 back. I'm sorry I tought S3 was still $400.

Upvote 0
I thought the Spirit was going to be a HUGE upgrade of the motion. Come to find out it's just got a slightly better screen...

My motion is sick. I think I'll pass on such a "huge" upgrade. LOL.

P.S. If you prefer bigger screens I can see why you'd get it. I'm not flaming, just don't understand why they wouldn't upgrade the spirit at LEAST to have JB. I mean look at the spec, guys. It's essentially the same phone.

Upvote 0
Would of been nice if it had a HDMI out...something that would of made the motion perfect.

I believe the Spirit has wireless HDMI out.

It's also now on Wirefly for $269.00 - no MIR either.

Looks like I'll wait another month to see if the S-3 drops in price and if not I'll get the Spirit before the end of the MIR period which ends on March 3rd.

I made some good OT coin today and the project is going to come in way under budget and on time, so a cash bonus might be in my future as well.

The Spirit has 1" more screen real estate, but also much better screen res.

If it had an 8MP camera, I would have already bought one but it doesn't.

And like the Motion, the specs. state 1.2 Ghz CPU, but the Motion and the Spirit both benchmark at 1.5 GHz.

I also read the Spirit accepts a 64GB Micro SD card although specs state 32GB

I just wish they would drop the MIR and sell it for $199.00

I'll probably put my iPhone up on eBay this week and when I buy the Spirit, I'll keep my Motion as a backup phone.

Upvote 0
It's also now on Wirefly for $269.00 - no MIR either.
Looks like I'll wait another month to see if the S-3 drops in price and if not I'll get the Spirit before the end of the MIR period which ends on March 3rd.
I just wish they would drop the MIR and sell it for $199.00

I'll probably put my iPhone up on eBay this week and when I buy the Spirit, I'll keep my Motion as a backup phone.

Pretty sure you can still fill out the rebate form.

Most companies just do mail-in-rebates because a lot of people dont go through the hassle of filling it out. It also inflates their profit earnings that quarter with money they're going to give back next month

Upvote 0
I thought the Spirit was going to be a HUGE upgrade of the motion. Come to find out it's just got a slightly better screen...

My motion is sick. I think I'll pass on such a "huge" upgrade. LOL.

P.S. If you prefer bigger screens I can see why you'd get it. I'm not flaming, just don't understand why they wouldn't upgrade the spirit at LEAST to have JB. I mean look at the spec, guys. It's essentially the same phone.
Everyone's been sayin its essentialy a motion with a bigger screen since November why would it be any different on release

Because it's just a motion with bigger screen its easy to port our ICS to the Spirit and I believe they just made some minor modifications and i think they also patched the root exploit

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones