• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lodom

Dec 1, 2009
I was about ready to bite the bullet and cash in my early upgrade and retire my Eris. I've had it almost a year and a half and for the last six or eight months it's had an intermittent "silent bug". My wife though I was just ignoring her calls and was "encouraging" me to do something about it.

So I took it in and they did a factory reset. At least that's what I think. I had 2.1 (leak 2) and was not rooted. Once they were done, all but a couple of contacts had repopulated but everything else was bone-stock. I reinstalled about half of my apps including Launcher Pro and Beautiful Widgets. I did, however, leave out Task Killer and Advanced TK.

This must have blown out a lot of buggers. Now it runs smoother and snappier and a full charge now lasts 2 days instead of 12 hours.

This'll get me by 'til September:D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones