1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

New Likes System Installed

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Yeah, I'm with DaS on this one... I don't care for it. Especially now that I get notifications for my "liked" posts. It's already a pain with Facebook.
    I can see guides and Senior members using the like or thanks buttons wisely, but it's definitely going to be confusing (and perhaps pointless) for those new and infrequent members. My .02.
  2. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Let's give it a little time and then we'll poll and see what everyone thinks. I really think the benefit of being able to jump to high liked posts will prove worthy - but it's no biggie to disable.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Here's my take on this matter...

1.) A public poll seems fair enough. (This will give others a chance to have their say, too.)

2.) Personally, I've always wanted the option of choosing either one or both buttons ("like or thanks") when needed.

3.) I don't think that most members are even aware of the "like" button because of where its position. If the decision is made to keep this feature _ then I would suggest placing it alongside the other buttons below.

4.) If it is possible, could the notification be disabled? Why? (Reason): I don't want to assume that the notification on my profile is indeed a confirmation from a liked post and not a private message or a friend request.

5.) It would be nice to have the "likes" and "liked" beside our posts. (If not both, then preferably likes).

Overall, I would have to agree with what Phases said,"I really think the benefit of being able to jump to high liked posts will prove worthy."
  4. Phases

Many people have asked for that feature (to disable notifications) so I hope to see that in an update..
    Kelmar, Rush and Unforgiven like this.
  5. Phases

The developers of the product have confirmed the feature "ability to disable likes notifications" due in the next update.

:)
    Granite1, Hadron, Xyro and 1 other person like this.
  6. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Awesome...now how about some of the other suggested suggestions above. :)
  7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Do you mean on profiles? Or do you mean besides our posts? Because they do both show up on the 'Mini Statistics' box on your profile.
  8. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Having spent a couple of days with it, I think I kinda like it. I don't even have an issue with the notifications.

Buttons would be good. TBH, anything would be better than the current icon though :p
  9. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Oops! I meant to say beside our posts.
  10. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Maybe its been said (I'll admit to not reading some of the posts here) but I would have thought that 'thanks' are for the helpful stuff and 'likes' for the fun stuff that may or may not be helpful, such as a funny picture.
    davoid likes this.
  11. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I think its kind of redundant. There's no point in having both....as the current THANKS system essentially gives people 'points' for getting thanked for making a useful post while noting that a post was deemed useful. It seems like the only thing different about the LIKE system is that it can be tracked and sorted.

Ideally, you'd only want one system. If there was a way to port over all the thanks into the likes system and display LIKES in the user profile, that would be great. Or, if the THANKS system could be modified to be similar to the LIKES system so that threads could be sorted by THANKS. I don't think that having both is the solution because it makes both systems less effective as some people will LIKE and some people will THANK, and in the end what you really want is everyone doing one or the other to get a true reading.
    Kelmar and agentc13 like this.
  12. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Dismember VIP Member

So what's the protocol when to use each?

:p
    alpha0990 likes this.
  13. DblDragon

DblDragon Well-Known Member

for me, if i like the post then i click "like" and if the post is helpful then i click "thanks"
    davoid, B2L and SUroot like this.
  14. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

Therefore, when you post an answer like that, you get both. ;)
    DblDragon likes this.
  15. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Not official, but see my signature. :D
  16. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Got to say I disagree. Useful information is thanks too for me. I'm with DoubleBobble on this one :)
  17. sanibel

sanibel Well-Known Member

Loving it. So if you like a helpful post: thank and like it (both are verbs here) ;)
  18. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Thanking is if the member was helpful and you could probably thank the post if the info was helpful too. Either way it's good to show someone they were helpful by thanking them, liking them or telling them thanks.
  19. SUroot

And of course, telling them you love them :)
  20. Metroid Prime

Well that too. :D
  21. SUroot

Ooooh can we get a loveheart button that when pressed, the post background goes pink?
  22. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

My personal method is if the post could be useful to others, it gets a like, if it's only useful to me, thanks. Obviously very rarely will a post be useful to others and not me, so for me if it gets a like, it gets a thank. But plenty of times I might only give thanks. Plus, I am on tapatalk at least 75% of the time, and can only use thanks there.
  23. Metroid Prime

[​IMG]
  24. sanibel

sanibel Well-Known Member

25. Metroid Prime

It's not about it fitting, but how much it shows you love them. :p
    SUroot likes this.