New Magic user questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. phixion

phixion Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the Magic, when ever I text someone it shows the correct time although when I receive a reply, the reply shows an hour behind???

Also I can't seem to update my flash player?

Advertisement
  2. rsquigley

rsquigley Member

I am having the same issue with the time stamping of text messages. I am west coast and all incoming are stamped est time zone. I thought it was a Rogers issue. As for flash, it is currently not supported by Android, but will be sometime this year.

3. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

it is a rogers issue. it seems to have been fixed more me though.. anyway, just download chompsms. It fixes the time-stamp issue and is a much nicer messaging app anyway.

4. Shel

Shel Well-Known Member

Check out Handcent. It blows SMSChomp away!!

5. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

I have tried it. Didn't notice anything that chompsms doesn't have..

6. Shel

Shel Well-Known Member

Well, for one, it pops up a small box with your incominng sms automatically, even if your phone is turned off. With ChompSMS, you can get this, but you'll need to download another program, SMSPopUp.

Even then, with SMSPopUp, if you want to reply to an incoming sms, you need to have it launch ChompSMS. Handcent includes a "quick reply", where you can respond from the pop up window if you don't plan to have a long conversation, without launching the full app!

HandCent allows you to customize notification sounds for any individual, as opposed to one sound for ALL incoming sms messages. Know who's texting you before you turn on your phone.

HandCent, when open, has a button to quickly call whoever you're sending messages to.

Handcent also posts pictures of the person you're sms'ing with, if you have their photo on your phone.

Includes several themes...
    -Classic
    --Handcent
    --Iphone (this is personally my favorite)
    --Android

Includes "Text to Speech"

Allows you to use your own background for use in the program.

Send MMS messages straight from Handcent. ChompSMS, when you indicate you want to send an MMS, sends you to the built in app.

anyways, I'm sure there are a few other differences, this gives you an idea of some things that differenciate the two programs.

7. phixion

phixion Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replys guys! So Flash is not currently supported? That kinda sucks.

8. iudex

iudex Member

I had the same problem. I live in Norway so the time is GMT +1. I change it to GMT +2 and everything is OK now concerning timestamps.