• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Market anyone?

indychic

Jul 16, 2010
Anyone out there have a new version of the Market? V.2007?

I'm a bit confused as my hubby is seeing a completely new market and I am not. I am still at version 1713. Anyone? This happened sometime today for him.

We are both rooted. He is using Meatkernal and I am using Radioactive Froyo 8.1.22/ Meatkernal

:thinking:

I guess we are all getting the market update (to allow apps in other countries)... However, I am still on version 1713 and Hubby is on version 2007. Mine hasn't updated yet. I read that if I open market and hit home (let it sit for 15 mins) it will help with the process however nothing as of yet. I've done this atleast 3-4 times in the past 24 hours.

Another thing, I am having major issues with Gtalk connecting. I've had this problem since May and it started out of the blue. It takes a decade to sign on to gtalk and when I can't sign on .. I get frustrated because I can't install apps or updates from the market. My hubby has the same gtalk problem as well. If I enable wifi... gtalk connects 50% of the time... if I don't it takes forever to sign on. GRRRR!

Upvote 0
Are you having trouble with your market or do you just want to have the latest and greatest version of it?

Sometimes it's better to stay with something that's stable and that works as opposed to upgrading for no reason. I'm not saying the new market has any problems but I see people upgrade apps all the time that get broken by the upgrade.

Upvote 0
I'm on Market 1710..

After doing a hard reset and having Sprint do a RTM? It put me back at 1710 from 1713. I am getting a new Moment tomorrow or Monday do to the random reboots all of a sudden and the non stop Gtalk/Market issues. Not like any of my problems will be fixed.. it's my 4th Moment and at this point I will be happy with any Market version as long as my phone is working properly. My hubby has the current version 2007 and got it right away.

Upvote 0
I'm on Market 1710..

After doing a hard reset and having Sprint do a RTM? It put me back at 1710 from 1713. I am getting a new Moment tomorrow or Monday do to the random reboots all of a sudden and the non stop Gtalk/Market issues. Not like any of my problems will be fixed.. it's my 4th Moment and at this point I will be happy with any Market version as long as my phone is working properly. My hubby has the current version 2007 and got it right away.
You too eh? I got a replacement within the last 2 weeks and it's been almost a daily issue with the reboots. New one will be here today, they said they are sending a brand new one, we will see!

Upvote 0
To see what Market you are running... Go to Menu > Settings> Applications> Manage Applications > Menu Filter All > Search for Market and underneath it will say what version you are running.

I got my new moment today and now I cant figure out for the life of me how to root my phone (I am at D106 everything) and I'm confused. I've been reading over at SDX but still very confused on the steps I need to take on rooting and adding custom rom (radioactivefroyo 1.9.2) I would like to get my phone back to DE03. GRRRRR

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones