New Market Rolling Out

Last Updated:

1. regression

regression Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Looks like my Android Market was (automatically) updated to include the related tab. I thought that was only for 2.2 and higher devices. I am running stock 2.1. So if you are stock you might want to check and see if you have it.

Advertisement
  2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I never even got the "updated" Android Market with the Android 2.2 features, like automatic updates. That was version .2007, and I am still on version .1713.

I am still trying to figure out how one forces the Android Market app to update. There does not seem to be a way.

3. regression

regression Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I haven't heard of a way to manually update the market. Mine just appeared. My version is 2002013.

4. LBPHeretic

Dang it! Google, why have you forsaken my Android Market app?

Oh well. It will not matter much longer because I am now rooted and looking to switch up ROMs anyway!

5. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

LBP - remember back when (we) made posts about reverting back to the old market? Well all of the sudden this weekend my phone automatically updated to the current one (which is apparently a new release). Maybe just give it time and it will do it on its own. FWIW, I updated my profile and PRL, restarted it a few time and pulled the battery, all before I noticed I had the new market back.

6. LBPHeretic

I will give that a try. I pulled the battery last week right before I rooted my handset and I have restarted it numerous times.

I appreciate the ideas though. If all else fails, as I said above, I will be trying out new ROMs anyway.

7. Firehawk

Firehawk Well-Known Member

Just FYI I am also still on .1713....sucks

8. LBPHeretic

Hmm. So I just checked my Android Market app and noticed that I suddenly have the new features now.

I did a quick version check and I now have version .20022013 apparently. I wonder if this happened as a result of my pulling my handset's battery last week or if it is part of the groundwork being laid for the eventual roll out of Android 2.3.

9. LorenzoBenzo

LorenzoBenzo Member

I was on the old version this morning.

I was stuck in Market uninstalling an app this afternoon, so I went into Manage applications, cleared cache, and then did an "Uninstall updates". After I did that, I now have the new version of Market. 2002013

Kind of oxymoronic! ;)

10. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Sometime also going into settings/applications/manage applications, then going to Market, then clear Cache and then Data, then back out, go back to market and accept terms and check and see, has worked for some when I mentioned it ;)

11. LBPHeretic

Yeah, I tried that weeks ago and the buttons to do that were grayed out. I really wanted that to work, but alas, no. :(

What I did was try was uninstall the updates because I heard that might trigger the big update, but all that did was revert me from version .1713 to version .1712. It took about two weeks and then my Android Market updated itself back to version .1713, but only JUST went to the newest version recently. I think it might have had to do with the battery pull I did before I rooted. Who knows. :D

Firehawk likes this.
  12. Firehawk

Firehawk Well-Known Member

hey it worked....im now on .20022013 ...thanks

13. LBPHeretic

Haha! So uninstalling the updates worked for you? :)

Why was Google giving me no love a month ago when I tried that? I guess it is the luck of the draw! :D

14. DRE_ztunna

DRE_ztunna Member

my android market automatically upgraded a couple months ago, then downgraded last week back to the old version. i was upset until yesterday i noticed it automatically upgraded once again, this time to include the "related" feature :D

15. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

anytime there is a change in the market just uninstall the market from settings-manage applications and then go to the market. after signing in it'll change automatically.

16. LBPHeretic

Not always. I tried that several weeks ago and it did not work. It actually just made my Android Market revert to an older version. That was something I was not too pleased about, but it was not a big deal as the Android Market still worked fine for me.

It was not until recently that it FINALLY decided to update on its own. I think it might have been due to the battery pull I did that day.

17. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

probably more the fact that the phone rebooted, not the battery pull that caused the update. I failed to mention rebooting after uninstalling in my earlier post.

18. LBPHeretic

It was not that either. I rebooted my handset numerous times after hearing about the new Android Market app update.

It just took a lot of time and patience for the update to come. That was my experience with it.

19. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Or if your rooted you can flash the new Gapps released today with the latest market :D

20. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

My Market just got updated today. I was afraid that the trials for paid apps would 15 mins like it was stated on the main page, but it still says that it's for 24 hrs. And the new market looks nice but It's a little laggy and now I need to get used to it.=\

21. LBPHeretic

I still do not have the one with the new look and feel on my Sprint HTC Hero. For some reason, it takes forever for my Android Market app to update.

At least I have the one that has the Android 2.2 features built-in. Such as automatic updating and the nicer comments organization.

22. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member

Well I went from 1713 to 2002207 this weekend. It happened automatically. It is rather nice except when I update one app it always just automatically updates the next one on the list. I really don't mind this as I know this is coming so I can stop the download in it's tracks. But I'm not complaining. It even has a useful "settings" tab now. So for once I'm not complaining about this automatic update.

Lisa :D

23. LBPHeretic

My Sprint HTC Hero just picked up the latest Android Market update. I now have version .2002207.

Overall, I like the look and feel of the new Android Market app. It runs snappy and provides easily accessible information for the apps you are interested in.