New Market ??

Last Updated:

1. theputterman

theputterman Member

Are we not supported yet? I have lost the " Just In":eek: section as well as "top Free":eek:

ETA for EVO 4g. update anyone?:confused:

(i'm not rooted:rolleyes:)

2. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member

My wife's Evo has it but I do not, not sure of the rhyme or reason other than she's still running 2.2 (froyo) as I am on 2.3 (Gingerbread)
  3. tattedman

tattedman Well-Known Member

Try going to settings.... Aplications.... Manage Aplications and find the market..... Once there force stop it and when you open it agIn you should see the new market.... But if that don't work go back and clear the data and force stop it
  4. TonyTone301

TonyTone301 Well-Known Member

Anyone's android market look like this ??

Attached Files:

• mail.jpg
      File size:
      69.6 KB
  5. LoveMyPhone

LoveMyPhone Well-Known Member

Yes. I was checking on something last night and when I opened Market it looked like that!
  6. TonyTone301

friend of mine said hers has been like that for a week mine just changed 20 mins ago
  7. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

That is the new market. It's being updated in "waves".
  8. TonyTone301

im not sure how i feel about it .. as of right now i don't like it i like the old one better
  9. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member

I cannot stress how HORRIBLE the new Market is. First off, they have removed the setting that allows you to toggle on/off the notifications in Market. I have several applications that I refuse to update for various reasons. This new market harasses me every hour by sending me a notification telling me there are updates available. I want to throw my phone through the wall each time!!!! If you uninstall the updates, the stupid marketupdater re-downloads the new market within five minutes!!!!

The only workaround I have found is that after I update the apps that I do want to update, I go into application settings, then to market. I uninstall updates, then clear the cache and settings. The next time you enter market, it asks you to accept the terms and conditions. If you decline, market is not active, thus you are spared from the constant update notifications!!! I just pray that they restore the toggle feature soon. What I want to know is, why was it taken away in this version of market???
    CriticalCritic and EVU like this.
  10. vdubfast

vdubfast Member

I still have the "old" market, but having issues. When I open market, the main screen says "no matching content in Android Market". I then go to Apps, All Applications. In Top Paid, I only get about 20 in the list. In Top Free, I get the "no matching content in Android Market". I get that same message in all of the categories for Games. Anyone else seeing this? Also, if I search for apps, if it's a general search like "Alarm", I only get 3 - 5 returns for the search. If I search specific apps such as Beautiful Widgets, it's hit and miss. Some show up, others I get the no content message. :confused:
  11. Gekko

Gekko Well-Known Member

maybe try clear cache, force stop.
  12. vdubfast

vdubfast Member

Yup, tried several times. Thank you. Guess I will just wait for the update on my phone and go to the market online.
  13. badiban

badiban Active Member

I just downloaded the .APK from Engadget. I got it about a month ago :D
    MusicJunkie likes this.
  14. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member

no dice for me either, I'll just patiently wait also
  15. TonyTone301

trust me its nothing to wait for .. it sucks id rather have the old market back then this new crap
    ndh777 likes this.
  16. theputterman

theputterman Member

Thanks guys for the insight. I still don't have the new market, and after hearing all the trouble it's been giving some people I might not want it any ways. I kept getting the same "no matching content in Android Market" as well. That's why I was looking to see if Evo got the new market update.

I was forced to do a factory reset :(. First one since I got it last OCT. I still have the old market on there, but now it seems to work. :eek:. Lets try to keep this thread going, I like the look of the new market ( my father in law has the Thunderbolt with the new market on it.), lets just hope they keep up on the bug fixes as well as roll outs.

If anyone has any new info, please chime in here.
  17. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

I've had it for about 2 weeks. Not a fan. I see some huge ads all the time now (they load before any content for me...). And does anyone really buy movies through the market?
  18. s_special

s_special Well-Known Member

If those movies were 1$ 24hr rentals i would just cancel my Netflix
  19. Slice28

Slice28 Well-Known Member

My android market is still not updated to the new version.. i tried clearing data and force closing several times but nothing works.. should i just download the apk or will that mess something up
  20. Gekko

Gekko Well-Known Member

MarisaKaye likes this.
  21. EVU

EVU Well-Known Member

Do you know if it's actually performing 'better' or do you believe the bigger version # must mean it's better?
  22. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member

I envy you. I would pay good money to revert back to the old market. Consider yourself lucky, and immediately cease from trying to get it to update!
  23. 9to5cynic

Maybe it's just me (and I know the market search feature isn't quite up on par...) but does the new market search worse for anyone esle? I seached "ad free" and the Ad-Free app was on page two, after the Facebook app, and the FB Message app.
  24. TonyTone301

i can't stand it id rather have the old version back
  25. 9to5cynic

Yeah, I'm not sold on it either. It doesn't seem optimized for handhelds. I imagine that on a tab it's much nicer. On evos, The app title, icon, and download progress takes up about a third of the screen real estate. That's too much in my opinion. Makes reading reviews a bit more of a pain.