New Market ??

1. Raynes

Raynes Member

I've never used the market for more than actually downloading apps. appbrain is more impressive at pretty much everything else. That said, I don't really see how it can be much worse than the current market.
  2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Perhaps you have the the 'new' market as your 'current' market. Seeing as how the update isn't all at once, I can see how that error could be made..?

Sometimes, when bored for example, I like to look for other apps to download that I might use (or games to play). The reviews are nice for that, but it makes it a bit more difficult with the 'new' market. The app name, icon and download progress are locked in place at the top third of the screen.
  3. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I cannot verify that this will work for sure... but it works on my rooted Evo running 2.2 (using a custom skin on the original market). Keep in mind that buying the apps to make this work will cost you good money :p (but either app is good to have anyways).

Try this:

- First, download MyBackupPro or Titanium Backup.
    - Second, Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage>All>Market. Then click "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache". (DO NOT reopen the market after this!)
    - Third, Open MBP or Titanium, and use the freeze ability on "Market Updater" (NOT MARKET).
    - Fourth, log back in to Android market. If it looks like it used to, then it should stay that way.
    catty666 and ebc1973 like this.
  4. catty666

catty666 Active Member

I had not intended to upload the new market app, but the market updater did it "for" me automatically. After trying to live with it for a while, I was annoyed enough to run Root Explorer to remove the updated Vending.apk directly from /data/app and MarketUpdater.apk from /system.apk and now it's back to normal... I never update apps without first checking the comments for unpleasant new features. Google Maps is another that seems to get worse with each revision.
  5. Awful

Awful Well-Known Member

Mine updated on it's own, and I'm rooted.. I don't like it.
  6. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

7. Bnice

Bnice Guest

I like the new market. I think it holds a lot more details and look a lot better in landscape mode. The like and dislike for the market will always be a hit and missed for many.
  8. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member

I got the .apk through some site (can't recall which).

Anyways, I didn't like that it was a much much bigger app eating internal memory. It was showing almost 10 MB. I went into settings, applications, manage applications, then found market and it allowed me to uninstall. It just reverted back. It didn't say "uninstall updates" as it usually does, but I have been back to old market ever since.
  9. yellagirl730

yellagirl730 Active Member

I know you all say the new market is crap, but I still have not received it. What's up with that?
  10. jo1020

jo1020 Active Member

I also haven't received it.
  11. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

For everyone without it, you should be able to find the .apk file online. Then simply install it using a file manager (I like Astro, it's simple).

I wanna say endgadget had it, but I'm not sure on that one.
  12. wolf_walker

wolf_walker Well-Known Member

I don't have it either, sounds like I'm not missing much.

I might also be out of the loop, but none of you guys use app-brain? I like it a lot, I hardly use the built in market app at all anyway. I rarely install apps from the phone, but the app-brain installed apps/updates screen is much nicer to me.
  13. ebc1973

ebc1973 Well-Known Member

They have released another version of the New Market, version 3.1. All I can say is I am in heaven. They put back the ability to turn off those horrid notifications. They also added the ability to assign a PIN number to your market account that would require you to enter the PIN if the application you are downloading costs money. That is a great security feature! Just Google Market 3.1, and download the .apk. I don't care about the design. I'm just happy I am notification free!!!!!!!
  14. narflack

narflack Active Member

I tried several times to down load lookout to my sons phone this week and was always unsuccessfuly try again later! Is this due to conversion or some other problem with his evo shift?
  15. Metalheadx12

Metalheadx12 New Member

hey everyone so the new market update rolled out to android phones a while ago and its october 16 and i still have not recieved the new market update for my HTC EVO 4G. Can someone refer me to some troubleshooting tips if im the only one with this problem. Thanks!
  16. Catman51

Catman51 Member

I still don't have it either.
  17. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

I had with 2.2 but I jut did the update to 2.3 and now I'm back to the old market. Hmm.
  18. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

In the S.F. Bay Area, I still have 2.3.4 and it's the same green market not that black frame version with multiple columns everyone is calling the "new market" (3.1?).
  19. Aleforge

Aleforge Member

My Market Icon is completely gone, is there a way to install it manually? :(
  20. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

go to the market and install it, duh. :)
  21. Aleforge

Aleforge Member

I still has no markets! :D Is there a site I can download the file from and manually drag it into the phone??
  22. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

Aleforge likes this.
  23. Aleforge

Aleforge Member

Thank you very much!:)
    ocnbrze likes this.
  24. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

mcbtrain929 and andygu3 like this.
  25. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member