New member & just bought the HTC Android Eris

Last Updated:

1. iAndroiid

iAndroiid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, my name is Chris and here is my story...

My Boss has the iPhone 3gs and I wanted to get the iPhone but since AT&T has such crappy service and coverage in my area a couple years ago I switched to Verizon. I didn't think that verizon would ever have a good phone to offer and I had a LG flip phone for about 4-5 years (could of upgraded twice already but held onto the phone b/c it always worked and i dropped it and cracked hte phone screen and it still worked flawlessly). Finally decided to upgrade once I held and saw the HTC Android Eris.

I have owned the phone for 2 days now and was un-happy with the battery life and was thinking about returning it but after reading up on some stuff today I turned certain things off and right now my awake time is well over 1+ hours (14%) and still have about 70% battery remaining and the phone got un-plugged at about 9am this morning and it's 8pm now. right over 10+ hours on and still 70% battery which I think is pretty good knowing i used it for calls and texts and messed around with some app's.

Also, My boss didn't believe me that I could download so many app's for free and also the fact that I downloaded "waze" gps for free. He thought for sure they would charge you to use it and I looked it up on the internet and proved him wrong that it is completely free service and app. He sorta got angry because he pays $6 dollars a month for gps for his iPhone and the app's cost money also. I think he sorta digs the Droid Eris since it's lighter than the iPhone. Takes better pictures and all around better in a decent amount of ways (too many I can list right now).

Well if anyone has any cool must have app's please list them so I can start downloading!

So far here are my *must have app's. All are FREE!
    • advanced task killer
    • handcent sms
    • screen crack
    • pandora
    • waze gps navigator
    • AK47 gun

Advertisement
  2. TheNorthernForest

TheNorthernForest Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums! :D

P.S. - You have an awesome avatar and signature. I love a cornucopia of Android Bots taking over.

3. iAndroiid

hahah thanks!

4. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums and Happy Holidays!! :)

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

6. iAndroiid

7. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! [​IMG]

I hope you had a good Christmas (if you celebrate it) and have a happy new year [​IMG]