• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

shrtsuff

Lurker
Nov 4, 2010
Hi, My name is Teresa and I am new to all this android talk. I am getting a Verizon HTC Eris with 2.1 OS, but I have heard so much about the froyo 2.2. I have read on here that you can root the eris. Now I am not phone savy, but if you root it does that mean that it changes from the 2.1 to the 2.2 froyo and if so is it a big change from one to another. I hope I am not bothering anyone with these questions. Thanks all!!!:)

Hello shrtstuff and welcome to Android Forums.

Once you root your Eris you'll find ROMs for 2.1 and 2.2 customized in various ways. The 2.2 "Froyo" ROMs are the most fun, in my opinion, because they are what Android is moving to in other devices and is a bit more evolved than the 2.1 OS which has been out for several months now.

Take a look in the Eris All Things Root area:

Eris - All Things Root - Android Forums

and the how to root threads in particular:

http://androidforums.com/eris-all-t...ated-links-updated-oct-1-2010-4-44pm-est.html

Lost and lots of help, experience and nice folks around here. ;)

Good luck. Have fun. :)

Reactions: shrtsuff
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones