New memberGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Jendawn

Jendawn Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone! This is my first post but I've had my Moment almost since it came out. I love it. Yes, I've been lurking, reading and gleaning information from this forum so THANK YOU! I was able to deal with several issues (battery, gps, tethering) and even found out about the update because of y'all. Speaking of the update, I went to the Sprint Service Center in Friendswood, TX on Bay Area yesterday. The update was a breeze and my Moment works better than ever. I read on this forum that that particular location bricked a phone and said they weren't doing the updates anymore. Well, as I said, they updated my phone yesterday with no problems. The battery meter is more accurate. I noticed it almost immediately. I used to give my phone a full charge (wall charge), turn it off and when it came back on it would always be at 80%. I would then charge it through the USB port to 100%. There was no need for that this morning. I charged it until it said fully charged, I powered it down for a minute, turned it back on and it still said 100%. That was at 6:00 this morning. It's now 7:30, I checked my emails once and posted a few messages on Facebook. It's still 100%. It would have never said that before. Before, it would be at 70% by this time of the morning. ALso, the transitions between home screens are smoother and the GPS works great. I love using Pandora now as it used to be a bit buggy. As you can see, I put my Moment through a lot of testing yesterday after the update. I love it even more now. I can't wait for the new firmware update though.

Advertisement
  2. sh517

sh517 Active Member

How long did it take for you to get the update at the Sprint store?

3. Jendawn

Jendawn Member This Topic's Starter

I left it there, ran some errands and picked it up about 45 minutes later. It was ready when I returned. It was probably finished sooner but I had things I needed to do.