New Method for mounting SD Card

Which SD Card Mounting method do you prefer?

1. Old - Through Settings

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. New - Under Notifications

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. Don't Care - No pref

1 vote(s)
    4.5%

Last Updated:

1. onthefence

onthefence Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if it happened with the RC29 or RC30 update but they removed the setting option to "Allow File Browsing on Computer"(or something like that) from the SD Card Settings menu. I just got both updates pretty close together and I couldn't figure out why the phone wasn't showing as a Removable Disk in My Computer.

Well, now when you connect the phone you will see a USB icon show up in your notifications bar. You have to select that and choose to "Mount" the phone/card. Done.

Still not sure if I like the new way. Seems like unnecessary extra clicks to have to choose this option each time you connect the phone. What do you guys think?

Advertisement
  2. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

I believe it was there with RC28. I had to "learn it" since I could not browse right away after I lost RC19. Works fine, of course.

3. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

I liked the old version better, it would automaticly mount when pluged into a computer. Now i have to push a button.

4. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

Hate the new process. Why can't we chose to automate this, as it was before. Makes no sense at all. A simple box in settings to auto-mount this would work for everyone.

5. tork1149

tork1149 New Member

Still unable to copy files to sd card. pc shows eris in device manager but not in windows explorer. Any ideas ?

6. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Tork, you bumped up a thread from 2008 to ask a question marginally related to the original topic. This is bad Netiquette, please open a new thread.