• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Milestone - not opening after first charging

emilianm

Dec 16, 2009
New Milestone - not opening after first charging.

So I bought my Milestone today, after I played a while with it I plugged the charger and after a while a white light appeared near plug (I don't know if is normal or not ) and now I can not open the mobile any more.
I even pulled out the battery..but the same result.

Any idea ?

Thanks!

New Milestone - not opening after first charging.

So I bought my Milestone today, after I played a while with it I plugged the charger and after a while a white light appeared near plug (I don't know if is normal or not ) and now I can not open the mobile any more.
I even pulled out the battery..but the same result.

Any idea ?

Thanks!
Unfortunately I still have the same problem and I am already discussing with the support from Expansys from Europe.

I very intresting thig is that somebody on the Droid forum is saying :
That is not the case with the Droid. It will power up while plugged in with the battery completely removed
http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...e-droid-not-opening-after-first-charging.html

Can you tell me if is the case also for Milestone ?I mean can you start the phone without the battery but with the AC cable plugged ?

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. Bought it from european expensys. In my case it crashes and keeps restarting with sim-card in. If I take out the sim-card it works with no problem.

What did eXpansys tell on this problem? Will they change the phone or something?

Your case sounds like a problem with the SIM card. Have you tried another SIM (from your wife, friend, etc)?

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. Bought it from european expensys. In my case it crashes and keeps restarting with sim-card in. If I take out the sim-card it works with no problem.

What did eXpansys tell on this problem? Will they change the phone or something?

I returned my Milestone and the second one is working perfectly.So I don't know exactly what was the problem.

Somebody on another forum , with the same problem, was saying that he changed the USB cable and it worked after that....

Upvote 0
I also returned the phone to expasys. Waiting for another one now.

How long did you wait?

In fact I did it like this (they advised me on this) :
I returned the first phone and I requested the refund.They gave me the money back,..with all (with he pick up also) it took around 14 days.
In the same time I ordered another one and I received the new one in 2 or 3 days.

Upvote 0
In fact I did it like this (they advised me on this) :
I returned the first phone and I requested the refund.They gave me the money back,..with all (with he pick up also) it took around 14 days.
In the same time I ordered another one and I received the new one in 2 or 3 days.

I sent it back now, they said they'll take a look if it was defected before they'll replace it if not they'll repair it.

If they'll say it was broken after or that they don't want to replace it, just repair it. I'll ask for my money back.

Did they send it to you from some place in France?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones