New MMS problem?

Last Updated:

1. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I'm rooted with fresh 1.1 and gumbo with SetCPU. Recently, I've had trouble getting MMS. I've noticed that if someone sends a MMS I only get it if they send it twice OR if they send it and then someone else sends another pic (which then I recieve the first person MMS).

I hope that makes sense. Anyone else have this problem or have a soultion to fix this?

I use MMS a lot so I'm at the point where if I can't fix it, I'm going to have to factory reset it.

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

It sounds like quite a few people have been having MMS issues recently. I don't get many, so I can't really comment on recent issues, but when I DO get a pic, I tend to open it in the stock app.

It used to come in under someone else's thread, until I hit download, then it'd download, and disappear, only to reappear in the proper thread...was the weirdest thing. But otherwise, I haven't had any issues at all with MMS since then, and I've been using Fresh since it came out (off and on). The only recent issue with MMS I had was not being able to receive it, due to using the AOSP 2.1 ROM lol

3. meangreengdub

So it just started working properly again by itself or did you tweak some things? Mine has done the same thing you're talking about as well.

4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I don't remember tweaking anything. Unless re-flashing Fresh fixed it or something...I was flashing so many ROM's at that point, that anything could have fixed it lol

5. meangreengdub

Ok, so if I want to re-flash fresh 1.1 and it's still on my SD card, what do I do? Just reboot holding Home and then select it from zip? Or do I have to delete it then reload it?

6. jusdebbie

jusdebbie Well-Known Member

Same MMS problem here btw. In the process of doing everything possible to fix it. See my posts...

7. meangreengdub

I haven't been able to fix it so I think I'm going to unroot. How do I go about doin that?

8. Robchaos

Robchaos Well-Known Member

root doesn't seem to be the issue. My friend with a unrooted Hero was having issues with mms too.

9. meangreengdub

Well I'm not sure what else to do. I agree with you because my MMS worked after I rooted and then one day it just stopped. I downloaded some new apps but don't remember when exactly I started having the problem. I deleted all the apps I knew I recently downloaded but I'm still having trouble.

10. Robchaos

I had a problem with MMS and SMS all of the sudden, I used RUU to flash back to the factory 1.5 and then re rooted and reflashed gumbo 1.5 rom and havent seemed to have a problem yet.

11. meangreengdub

I'm downloaded the RUU right now to do the same thing. So once you redid all of that, you were able to receive SMS AND MMS in order, on time?

12. Robchaos

so far yes, its only been a couple weeks though. I have to say, I'm constantly paranoid that maybe there are texts and MMS that I haven't received, but so far none of my friends have said anything like "hey how come you never respond to your texts?" I just don't see how flashing a rom could break MMS. There is no reason why anyone making a new rom or kernel would have to touch anything doing with the MMS feature (unless they found a fix for this dumb problem.) My problem started about a few days after I downloaded and used handcent. I am wondering if somehow that had something to do with it.

13. meangreengdub

Thanks for the info. So are you using Handcent again after you ran the RUU??

14. Robchaos

nope I've decided to stick with the stock app. Not enough of a difference to make it worth setting it up all over again.

15. meangreengdub

So...what if RUU takes closer to 30 mins and still nothing is happening? It's been at the screen where it says "Sending......." Updating ROM image on your Android phone...... for at least 30 mins now.

16. SportsPT

SportsPT Active Member

I had a similar issue using Handcent today actually then I checked for the MMS with the stock messaging program and no issues...so I think I am going back to stock messaging vs. handcent. No issues when using Stock.

17. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member

I posted this on another thread that was going about this, so I'll do it here, too.

This is an unofficially known issue (meaning still in the "investigation" stage). It is being worked on, if turning the mobile network off and back on doesn't fix it, go to your Picture Mail account and you can view it there. I know, it's kinda a PITA, but since it happens to me intermittently, I don't really see it as that big of a deal.

www.sprint.com/picturemail

18. meangreengdub

Did an RUU and that fixed it. Kind of a bummer but I need to see if Sprint will clean the dust from under my screen so I suppose while it's back to stock I'll see what they can do then root it again after that.

19. alex2010

alex2010 Member

Thank you (meangreengdub, tatonka_Hero, jusdebbie, Robchaos, SportsPT, April_Fool_79). I read all post attentively. I don’t know it before. But now I know much better. Once again thank you everybody.