New moment user with a few question (already tried search)Support

Last Updated:

1. KAL-EL

KAL-EL Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello just bought my monent a few days ago and had a few questions. I did attempt to use the search feature here but didnt come up with the results I was looking for (or maybe I used it wrong?) I ask the following questions because unfortunately, I dont have good eyesight.

1. Regarding font size. I realize there is no current setting for font size on this phone (that I know of) does anyone here know if the upcoming 2.1 update will include that?

2. I know there is a text size option for the browser. However, it doesent seem to work on most websites I go to (like CNN for example) I try setting it at different sizes and nada. So far my browsing experience hasent been that good because of this (having to constantly strain my eyes looking at website text) Any tips on why the text size option doesent seem to work?

3. is there anyway to increase the text size of emails and text messages?

Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate it and wanted to say I really like this forum and glad I joined.

Advertisement
  2. caspertodd

caspertodd Well-Known Member

1. Honestly I don't think 2.1 will natively have the option to increase the font size. There is a program called Spare Parts that gives you the option, but it doesn't work correctly in 1.5. It should work in 1.6 or newer. So when we get 2.1, you may want to try that.

2. It is more than likely when you go to mobile pages such as m.cnn.com that it changes back to small font. The site will usually auto detect and send you to the mobile version which is formatted for phone screens. You may want to try the Steel browser. I believe it has an option in the settings to disable mobile versions of pages.

3. For text messages you may want to try ChompSMS. It has the option to change the font size and type. Be sure to set it as default, and go into the original messaging app and go into menu, settings and uncheck auto receive and notification so that you don't get notified from both apps. As far as emails, the only way I know would be with Spare Parts (from note 1 above) which doesn't keep the settings in 1.5. Unless there is another app for email that you could use that might have it.

I honestly have never thought about Android having the option for larger text since my eyesight it decent, but I can't believe the developers overlooked it. I guess I would have overlooked it too.

KAL-EL likes this.
  3. KAL-EL

Hello, thank you very much for taking the time to respod to my questions. I really appreciate it. The thing is, there is the maginfying glass icon that pops up. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the icon doesent pop up on most of the pages I go to. it seems to be very selective, pretty much making it useless. Regardless, from what I have read, there will be pinch to zoom (or something like it) in the 2.1 update. Do you know anything about that?

4. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Once we get the 2.1 update, we will be able to use browsers that utilize the pinch to zoom function. In the mean time, you can use the + button at the bottom of the page to zoom. It works on all pages, but it fades out after you haven't touched the screen for a few seconds. So just touch the screen to get the zoom options to reappear.

KAL-EL likes this.
  5. KAL-EL

Hello! Unfortunately thats what I meant by the magnifying glass. The little plus + sign being inside it to increase size text along with the little - sign on the other botton to make web text smaller. More times then not, it doesen't appear. The only thing that appears almost everytime is that little square on the bottom right of the screen. The quick search option I think? I really like this phone (save some minor quirks) and want to keep it. I am still within my 30 day return window and hopefully the 2.1 update will be out next week and I can see if it will help at least a little. Thanks for replying :)