New, Movie cover art?

Last Updated:

1. TraxRyu

TraxRyu New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, just got my first Android device (Samsung Fascinate). Anyone know how to get cover art to display for movies you put on your device? Is there a specific program or can I do it to any movie that I transfer over?

Thanks in advance!!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I believe for videos it just takes a still frame from the video. I don think there is any way to change that.

3. jedge

jedge Member

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but i created custom shortcuts to my movies on my homescreen.

I used Desktop Visualizer - Android app on AppBrain to create the shortcut, and downloaded the thumbnail images using My Movies for Android Light - Android app on AppBrain. In MyMovies, just add any movie to your database and it will automatically download the thumbnail, then when you create the shortcut using Desktop Visualizer you browse to the thumbnail by choosing the normal "Media Gallery", and they'll all be in a folder named "My Movies".

good luck.

[​IMG]

4. afzkl

afzkl Member

5. DarkWyz

DarkWyz New Member

I downloaded Desktop Visualizer and tried to use it to make shortcuts to video files, however, it doesn't give me the option to make a link to my Video file.

I'm currently using T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant.

6. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

If you tag your videos with a program, like Metax, won't that show up for the art?

7. crash613

crash613 Member

I thought Android was all about choices.
    It doesn't seem as if this is much choice, if you can't even do something as simple as adding a picture to an mp4 file . The the bloated iTunes software does this perfectly.