New Mp3's do not Show upSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tylerc66

Tylerc66 Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me.

When I add new mp3's to my droid the Music app does not find the files. I installed Astro and I am able to find the folder and see and play the files.

I just got the 2.1 update and thought that would fix this problem. Any help would be great thx

Advertisement
  2. Brettus

Brettus Active Member

I have the same issue. I don't know if the Droid doesn't scan for new files when you start the Music program or what, but I always have to restart my Droid in order for the new stuff to be recognized. SOrry I can't help, but I thought I would confirm that you aren't the only one with the issue - it may be by design.

3. cbk780

cbk780 New Member

This is a real problem for me.

I have added a folder with MP3 files and only 3 out of 15 or so show up in the Music player.

1. They do show up using the ASTRO file manager and you can play them from there. So the files are on the SD. They also show up on my PC if I mount the SD. So the files are there and work fine except they do not show up in the music player.

2. I have rebooted the Droid, pulled the battery, and reformatted and reloaded the SD card -- nothing works.

3. I have purchased another music player (bTunes) and it has exactly the same problem.

I am completely stumped as to what to do next.

Any ideas?

Charlie

4. suloco

suloco New Member

Damn guys same thing happens to me too!

Few weeks back everything was peachy and suddenly no new mp3's show up on media player. Tried others too, tried erasing cache and stuff and big fat nothing happened.

This really sucks cause I have to listen to my music file-to-file from Astro.

I have HTC Legend although the problem seems to be exactly the same...

5. jsev

jsev Member

Has anyone had any resolution to this problem?
    I just upgraded to 2.2 and now the music player doesn't see any of my tunes or ringtones etc. I can find them OK in myfiles and play them from there, but the phone can't find them which means I can't use any of my custom ringtones, notifications etc.