• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps New multitasking idea, kinda.(its more oof a proposment)

Alright, so im gonna be able to get a smartphone soon, and im going with the N1, or the Pre Plus. Im drawn to the hardware of the N1 like crazy, and I have a feeling ill like it more than the pre, even though I love the idea of webOS, i feel it isnt as, idk good yet. But its definately great in my opinion. But anyways, I was wondering since multi-tasking is part of my decision, is it possible to get something like webOS cards, or HTC Leap in a new ROM? I know its possible to code, but how hard do you think it would be? Just something simple like changing what happens when you hold down the home button. Instead of just the 6 icons of your recently used apps, why not an HTC Leap view, or a card view. I dont care if its a "copy", i just want the fluidness of WebOS in that area.

PS. im gonna try getting into ROM development, but Im 17, and barely know enough java to program for android, so im not gonna get really far. So, cyanogen and all you other guys, im talking to you.

#1) I think you meant Proposal, proposement is not a word.
#2) I think you should look at all of your Android based options. The N1 is pretty awesome but you have a plethora of options and the Android platform is taking off. Might as well start off on the winning team :) since Palm is crashing into the ground.

You have a lot of options for UI as well, HTC has some cool SenseUI based phones and there are tons of downloadable options out there. Development is so much easier for Android than any other mobile platform in my personal experience.

Upvote 0
#1) I think you meant Proposal, proposement is not a word.
#2) I think you should look at all of your Android based options. The N1 is pretty awesome but you have a plethora of options and the Android platform is taking off. Might as well start off on the winning team :) since Palm is crashing into the ground.

You have a lot of options for UI as well, HTC has some cool SenseUI based phones and there are tons of downloadable options out there. Development is so much easier for Android than any other mobile platform in my personal experience.

1.) Thats what I meant!

2.) Thats the thing, I dont want a bunch of different skins. Android is great and all, and it sure has its advantages over the pre. Cant even lie about that. But webOS is soo elegant. Why cant android be more like that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones